Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julien2
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Input Adaptive Card Form using Bot Framework Composer to PVA

Hello,

I have a PVA where the users are going to fill an input form that is sent from Bot Framework Composer. After they submit the form, I want to trigger a flow to get the values entered by the users and store them in my SharePoint List.

I am struggling with the following points using the bot framework composer:

1. How can I invoke the flow after the user pushes the submit button from the AC in the PVA? (It's invoking the flow without waiting for the user to fill the AC form)
2. After the user submits the AC form in the PVA, how can I update the AC and show a success message to avoid the user from filling in another form?
3. How can I pass the AC values coming from the form of the user in the body of the POST request in the composer?

I have found the below document but it's not similar to my scenario:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-bot-framework-composer#example-1--sho...

Please find attached the AC form example and Bot Framework composer actions:

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

Can someone please explain get back to me (in detail if possible please), and provide an example to achieve/solve the above mentioned?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarKol
PVA
PVA

This Example #4 might help you to display a multi-line input form with a Submit button in PVA via Composer:

Use Bot Framework Composer to display a form in chatbots - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

MarKol_1-1624431253986.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Julien2  I can Imagine this as json so you can get it back using http calls like in PA. Maeby this could helps you Power Automate Tutorial - Approvals + Adaptive Cards + Outlook = Awesome - YouTube

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
jordanbardwell
Frequent Visitor

Did you figure this out? I am trying to do the same, but PVA fails to generate it. Can you share your Adaptive Card JSON?

Julien2
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Thanks for sharing the tutorial, I just checked it out. 

In the tutorial, they used "Outlook Actionable messages" as the type but in this type, there is an action for an HTTP request, and it can’t be used as a type in the composer for the PVA. Whereas in the webchat framework type, we don't have the option of Action.HTTP.

I believe it can be done through the bot framework composer, but I don't know the step-by-step process to configure and handle the points I have mentioned.

I haven’t had the time to figure it out yet. However, I found something helpful that may solve this issue:

Regarding the AC JSON, you can get it from the below link, just add one field for testing:

Let me know if you've tried to follow the steps mentioned in the link I provided.

If it works, it would be highly appreciated if you can post it here in the community so we can help others to follow the same steps.

Thanks,
Julien

I've read that exact same github issue post and cannot get an adaptive card with input text to render in PVA for the life of me. I've tried the JSON mentioned in there, along with making a dialog that uses the prompt for text input to send the AC in PVA along with the send a response and neither will generate the AC.

dsutradhar
Regular Visitor

Dear @Julien2, I tried going through the steps like you have mentioned.

I am facing a similar issue. I've tried adding a AC from the Bot Framework Composer for a PVA, but the AC isn't rendering on the Chat Window:

I've connected my custom Dialog directly to the Greeting Topic:

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 10.57.53 AM.png

In the Bot Framework Composer (BFC), I've created a flow which looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 10.58.17 AM.png

The AC JSON looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 10.58.41 AM.png

After multiple attempts, the chat still looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 10.59.23 AM.png

Please help me if I have missed anything here.

MarKol
PVA
PVA

This Example #4 might help you to display a multi-line input form with a Submit button in PVA via Composer:

Use Bot Framework Composer to display a form in chatbots - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

MarKol_1-1624431253986.png

View solution in original post

Kalok

I have tried almost everything to display input form as per the given example in example 4 Use Bot Framework Composer to display a form in chatbots - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs but no luck. Form is not coming.

MarKol
PVA
PVA

@Kalok - you are correct, Example 4 needs be updated to work with the latest version of Composer; the published doc pre-dates the latest Composer version and is now outdated.

Thanks for brining this to our attention; we will update Use Bot Framework Composer to display a form in chatbots - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs to work with the latest version of Composer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

PVA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,914)