Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakubz
Helper II
Helper II

Interactive bot with SharePoint, PowerApps and Teams

Hello everyone, 

I am currently working on Time off app where you can schedule a vacation or a business lunch, etc. because our company now doing everything from teams. I would like to make a bot which can send to a manager of the department a massage with a buttons of Approve or denied of a employee which is asking for an vacation from date X to date Y. 

I'm super new to power virtual agents and just wondering if this is possible? 

Thank you for your answer. 

4 REPLIES 4
peterswimm
Microsoft
Microsoft

There are a number of community videos on this topic, here is a good one I found with a cursory search 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ1GCtP-BvU&t=74s

This is a great use case for PVA and flows, good luck!

Thank you!

Jcook
MVP

Hello @jakubz 

Since the Approvals app is now integrated into teams, which can be leveraged by Power Automate.

So you could create a bot that the end user interacts with. The bot then kicks off a flow that sends a approval for that request.(https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/approvals-app-now-available-on-microsoft-teams/)

After tue approval, you can have the flow use the Send a message from a flow bot to send the approval response outcome.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

DiegoPeres
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @jakubz, I myself use an approval flow inside the bot, the user makes a purchase request through the chatbot, the flow triggers the power automate that does the following actions:

Receives the data sent by the bot
Registers the request data in Sharepoint
Sends it to the manager requesting the approval, with a condition that if the value is above X the second line manager must approve it, and the flow sends the email and waits for the approval return.
All this through the PA. There is also a request ID for the user where in another flow he can check the status of his request.

I'm studying ways to improve the flow.

Did I answer your question?😉
Please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find you faster.
Thanks!
Diego Peres,
Connect with me: Linkedin 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

Users online (3,739)