cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vangrieg
Advocate I
Advocate I

Is it possible to parse user input combining numbers, percentages and custom entity values in one phrase?

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how to solve something like this: 

A user inputs a request combining numbers, custom entity values and percentages. I need to return him a budget estimate. 

User query may look like this: "I need a budget estimate for a month long project using 10% of resource 1, resource 2 full time and 50% of resource 3". 

I understand how to interpret individual parts of such a query, but not sure how to parse the whole phrase. Doing the parts individually kind of defeats the purpose of using a bot, it's just quicker to fill out a form in Power Apps. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @vangrieg 

I don't think it's possible. Maybe you could parse all the information in a Power Automate flow (e.g: Solved: Parsing a string - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)) and calling it from a fallback topic: Use a system fallback topic - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

PVA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (3,322)