cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikkoM
Regular Visitor

Looping back to previous question

Is there a way to loop back to a previous question when an invalid answer is detected?

For example, I have a topic that asks for an order # and proceeds when an order # is found.

How do I keep looping to the question X amount of times until the user provides a matching order # or exceeds the number of attempts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DiegoPeres
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @MikkoM,  If you already have the data in your stream it is possible. If in your topic the answer is always going to be #, you can put in the condition, if it differs from # it goes back to the input request.

DiegoPeres_0-1663108868977.png

Did I answer your question?😉
Please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find you faster.

Like my answer?

Like it! 👍

Thanks!
Diego Peres,
Connect with me: Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DiegoPeres
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @MikkoM 

Yes, there is, you need to treat the data if it is not found.
I created a situation where the data is not found for you to understand the logic that must be created.
For this I used the Power Automate to search the data informed by the user.

DiegoPeres_0-1663026836077.png

As for your search not finding the data you need to define a return parameter and create a validation condition in your topic, so the user will return to the flow of informing the data until it is found.

Please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find you faster.

Like my answer?

Like it! 👍

Thanks!
Diego Peres,

MikkoM
Regular Visitor

Right, no way to do this without Power Automate?

DiegoPeres
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @MikkoM,  If you already have the data in your stream it is possible. If in your topic the answer is always going to be #, you can put in the condition, if it differs from # it goes back to the input request.

DiegoPeres_0-1663108868977.png

Like my answer?

Like it! 👍

Thanks!
Diego Peres,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Virtual Agents community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,639)