cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MS Licensing for PVA

Hi All,

I'd like to ask a question about the licensing for PVA.  I have been asking around inside my organisation, and no one knows, and I cannot find anyone who knows who our MS licensing contact is.  So I'm hoping that someone here can answer me.

I created an environment (a sandpit one) using my company credentials. I was able to create a PVA chatbot successfully. The goal of the chatbot is to test out an idea that I had around using a PVA Chatbot as a 'guide' to assist in troubleshooting. During the testing, I got a notification that the trial is time-limited.  That notification was a bit of a pain as so far the idea is showing great promise, and I'd like to keep working on it.

Recently I got told that the 30-day trial had expired and I could extend it for another 30 days (which I have done), and here is where the problem begins.  No one in my organisations (it is a global IT firm) knows anything about the licenses for Power Virtual Agents.  The license SKU's that I can see assigned to me are:

• Microsoft 365 E3
  • Dynamics 365 AI for Customer Service Virtual Agents Viral SKU
  • Power BI (free)
  • Microsoft Power Automate Free

None of these seems to relate directly to the Power Platform virtual agents.

If I log into the admin portal for the environment that I created, I can see a control labelled 'Move to production'.  This control appears to be active.  However, I don't know the implications of clicking on it.  Will it start billing my manager/department?  Will it merely add my bot to the current 'tenant license'?  Will it even work?  These are the questions that I'm trying to locate answers for.
Any assistance would be much appreciated, as I don't want to lose all the work that I have put in on this bot so far.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi, 

The PVA team announced integration with Teams which will enable anyone in Teams build their own chatbot an easily deploy into Teams. The integration is going into public preview later in September and will provide a license for most M365 subscribers for the trimmed down version of PVA in Teams. 

Learn more in our blogpost: https://powervirtualagents.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/easily-build-and-use-bots-within-microsoft-teams...

Michael, 
PM @ Power Virtual Agents

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi @IvanW, there is a couple of items to unpack in your question. 

#1 The type of environment you create and the license for PVA is unrelated. You can use PVA in a production environment or any other (trial, sandbox as in your case) with the trial license.

#2 The license you're looking for is in the list assigned to you "Dynamics 365 AI for Customer Service Virtual Agents Viral SKU". For historic reasons the license is called "Dynamics 365..."

#3 As you mentioned you can extend your PVA trial license

#4 As mentioned in point #1 the type of environment and the PVA license is not related, so you can promote the environment to production. 

Hope the above helps

Highlighted

Hi Mivakoc,

Will changing my Sandbox Env to a production one enable the PVA I've created to be kept?  My "internal support" are telling me that has no bearing on the PVA license at all.

It is becoming very disheartening to keep running into dead ends trying to locate simple answers to these licensing questions.

Highlighted

hi @IvanW  it doesn't matter the enviroment see you can just create PVA bots by using the trial version or payed.

Here you have the cost https://powervirtualagents.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

If you have a create PVA bot and your trials ends you can renew or pay for the mensual pricing that I share you.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

Hi Christian! 

Does any PVA come with any licenses? I have an E5 environment and it looks like I am able to create my first bot no problem, however once I created my second Bot I got "Free trial" messages. Do any bots come with environments or do all bots carry the licensing costs? Thanks!

Highlighted

hi @redwards35  

Does any PVA come with any licenses?

No my friend

PVA is not part of Microsoft 364 suite, it has their own license.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

Hi, 

The PVA team announced integration with Teams which will enable anyone in Teams build their own chatbot an easily deploy into Teams. The integration is going into public preview later in September and will provide a license for most M365 subscribers for the trimmed down version of PVA in Teams. 

Learn more in our blogpost: https://powervirtualagents.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/easily-build-and-use-bots-within-microsoft-teams...

Michael, 
PM @ Power Virtual Agents

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This is a great news, thanks for sharing.

Teams is more and more the Hub not only for collaboration!

One question about "license for most M365 subscribers", is there in mind or better in the plan to provide the way to create Bot using PVA also for O365 subscribers i.e. with E3 or E5?

Based on what I read in this post, the great idea is to allow all Teams users the way to create bots on their own.

Thanks,

Alex 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PVA Commnity Blog

NEW Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

View articles posted by fellow community members on the Power Virtual Agents Community Blog!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (14,078)