cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Channel Messages to initiate the execution of a DOS Batch Script

I would like to use Teams to communicate to my server from my mobile phone.
Is there a Teams component that I can use to create an agent that runs on my server that has Teams installed.
The agent will monitor the messages in a Teams Channel for specific content.
When the appropriate content is sent, the agent will execute a DOS batch script on the server.

Is this possible with the components and toolkits for Microsoft Teams?
Is there a link to samples that already do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @jo001wr ,

Unfortunately, not yet.

The PVA chatbot can execute actions during the conversation but he doesn't do anything proactively and can't connect/execute locally actions.

You can suggest your idea here: https://aka.ms/pva/community/ideas

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @jo001wr, as @renatoromao mentioned this is not possible within PVA but you could try RPA approach like below:

1) Create a Power Automate flow to monitor Microsoft Teams Channel (trigger: When a new channel message is added)

2) Update trigger settings to run the flow on certain keywords (optional - this configuration will limit # of flow runs)

3) Call Power Automate Desktop to run DOS batch command (this requires add-on RPA license)

Please post if you need any additional details.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Virtual Agents Community Super Users!

Congratulations to our Season 1 2021 Super User Crew!

PVA Commnity Blog

NEW Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

View articles posted by fellow community members on the Power Virtual Agents Community Blog!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

Users online (95,508)