cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VeeLearnMSFT
Helper V
Helper V

PVA - Get feedback from Bot user record it and email to me with their user name

I would like to put in a trigger phrase that would set an action to email me the users comments.  So if the person says comments or suggestions it would ask for the comments and then I would create a flow to email, and send me a push notification as well.

I want to know who the comment is coming from so how do I build it so that it grabs the user profile.  This is what I have so far:

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1651932006138.png

VeeLearnMSFT_1-1651932035572.png

I when I bring in the O365 USERs how do i get the user name?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Are you building this in PVA for Teams?  Or regular PVA?  In PVA for Teams there is a system variable available in the dropdown when inserting values.  You can pass that to the flow and then use it.  The same should be available in regular Teams if you require authentication to use the bot.  The default is anonymous and with that setting there is no way to get the user other than ask them.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Are you building this in PVA for Teams?  Or regular PVA?  In PVA for Teams there is a system variable available in the dropdown when inserting values.  You can pass that to the flow and then use it.  The same should be available in regular Teams if you require authentication to use the bot.  The default is anonymous and with that setting there is no way to get the user other than ask them.

image.png

VeeLearnMSFT
Helper V
Helper V

Yes I am using it in teams as this is the only cheap alternative I have :).

Cant seem to figure out how to accomplish this...

My flow is asking for a suggetion.  The only thing I can pass is the response variable ...cant seem to get the name to go through.

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1651951389395.png

Did you define an Input in the Power App?  If you do then you should see something like this in the Action where there is a dropdown that you can type in or select variables for.

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,276)