cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevenls
Helper IV
Helper IV

PVA in MS Teams - Can everyone see the chats?

Hey there,

I am creating a small bot for Teams where a user can enter a ticket number and the bot will return the status, last modified date and last comment.

In Teams seeing this needs to be connected to a channel, is everyone who goes to the channel going to be able to see everyone elses chat requests to the bot, more importantly will they see the replies..i.e. comments back in tickets.

This is a show stopper when it comes to HR tickets or tickets in our system from supervisors and the like.

I am just unclear about how this looks in Teams when it is published, currently it is all in testing.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

No problem, count on me if you need anything else ! 😉

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @stevenls ,

No worries, the PVA for Teams bot is totally different.

The interaction with the end-user is directly in the Teams app as a chat with bot, it is not shared with everyone in the team.

Basically, when we are publishing a bot to a specific team, everyone inside that team will be able to talk with your bot. 

Publish your chatbot with the Power Virtual Agents app in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | M...

*Currently only the Personal scope is supported for Microsoft Teams, so users can only have a private conversation with the bot.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

stevenls
Helper IV
Helper IV

If I want a company wide bot though, i.e. something anyone can use to get incident information from our service desk that would mean the whole company is the team and then everyone can see?  Or am I missing the point with the private conversation side of things.

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@stevenls ,

You can share your bot across your organization and everyone will be able to use the same bot. The conversation is UNIQUE per user because the bot is only for Personal chats.

If you want to share the same bot for everyone:

Publish your chatbot with the Power Virtual Agents app in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | M...

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

ah that is perfect.  When I mentioned this and showed a simple gif of what I have done, arms went up in the air about privacy and noisey channels.   This is exactly the end result I was hoping for.

So reading that, if you publish to a team, everyone can use it.  If you publish to an org it is personal to the user only.

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@stevenls ,

No, if you publish for:

- Your Team: This is a PERSONAL conversation, but only your team members and owners will be able to have a conversation with your bot.

- Your Organization: This is a PERSONAL conversation, but everyone in your organization (members and owners of ALL TEAMS) will be able to have a conversation with your bot.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

gotcha, thank you for your patience with your replies.

😄

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

No problem, count on me if you need anything else ! 😉

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

View solution in original post

Love it, thanks for that.  Keep an eye out for me as I have a list of things to tackle now this is clear and it's all 100% new (and I am oooold) so may need some guidance 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,587)