Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / PVA in a Day training ...
General
Answered

PVA in a Day training has Bug in Lab 5

Posted on by 14

Downloaded and installed the PVA in A Day solution

All was working smoothly until Lab - 05-Integrate with prebuilt Power Automate flows.pdf

Task 3: Add Return Item action to the conversation

When I select the 'Call an action', the "Return Item" flow shows up in the choices however I cannot select it. Just highlights it...I can select the other "Get Order Info" flow.....In addition I am able to select the View Flow Details and it opens Power Automate...I am able to edit/save the flow but nothing appears to make it selectable.

In previous lab step (Task 2: Call Get Order Info by Email action) you call the "Get Order Info" flow and that worked fine.

Any thoughts on why this would not work? I even re-imported the solution to see if this was an issue but appears it is a bug in the training?

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Categories:
  • mlaurich Profile Picture
    mlaurich 14 on at
    Re: PVA in a Day training has Bug in Lab 5

Perfect and great to know but sounds like will be a non issue moving forward. As soon as I removed spaces, all worked perfect. Thanks so much for the fast reply

• MarKol Profile Picture
    MarKol on at

this should be renamed from "Return Code" to "Return_Code".  This should make it show on the list of available flows.

the bug fix will be in Prod soon.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,459 on at

Yes @MarKol ,

Inside the workflow the response has space.

pva-in-a-day.png

• Verified answer
    MarKol Profile Picture
    MarKol on at

Hi mlaurich,

for the flows that that not showing in PVA, please go to Power Automate portal and check if these flows have any inputs/outputs with names that have spaces, numbers or any special characters in them.

If if find any, please try renaming such variables to have only characters and "_"  in the flow, save the flow and go to PVA to see if they now show up.

Unfortunately, there is a regression (already being fixed) in PVA that makes the bot consider flows with variable names containing spaces, numbers, special characters as invalid. Renaming these variable should fix it.

PS: this bug is already in process of being addressed.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,954

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,637