Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlaurich
Advocate II
Advocate II

PVA in a Day training has Bug in Lab 5

Downloaded and installed the PVA in A Day solution

All was working smoothly until Lab - 05-Integrate with prebuilt Power Automate flows.pdf

Task 3: Add Return Item action to the conversation

When I select the 'Call an action', the "Return Item" flow shows up in the choices however I cannot select it. Just highlights it...I can select the other "Get Order Info" flow.....In addition I am able to select the View Flow Details and it opens Power Automate...I am able to edit/save the flow but nothing appears to make it selectable.

In previous lab step (Task 2: Call Get Order Info by Email action) you call the "Get Order Info" flow and that worked fine.

Any thoughts on why this would not work? I even re-imported the solution to see if this was an issue but appears it is a bug in the training?

New Bitmap Image.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarKol
PVA
PVA

Hi mlaurich,

for the flows that that not showing in PVA, please go to Power Automate portal and check if these flows have any inputs/outputs with names that have spaces, numbers or any special characters in them.

If if find any, please try renaming such variables to have only characters and "_"  in the flow, save the flow and go to PVA to see if they now show up.

Unfortunately, there is a regression (already being fixed) in PVA that makes the bot consider flows with variable names containing spaces, numbers, special characters as invalid. Renaming these variable should fix it.

PS: this bug is already in process of being addressed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarKol
PVA
PVA

Hi mlaurich,

for the flows that that not showing in PVA, please go to Power Automate portal and check if these flows have any inputs/outputs with names that have spaces, numbers or any special characters in them.

If if find any, please try renaming such variables to have only characters and "_"  in the flow, save the flow and go to PVA to see if they now show up.

Unfortunately, there is a regression (already being fixed) in PVA that makes the bot consider flows with variable names containing spaces, numbers, special characters as invalid. Renaming these variable should fix it.

PS: this bug is already in process of being addressed.

Yes @MarKol ,

Inside the workflow the response has space.

pva-in-a-day.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português

this should be renamed from "Return Code" to "Return_Code".  This should make it show on the list of available flows.

the bug fix will be in Prod soon.

Perfect and great to know but sounds like will be a non issue moving forward. As soon as I removed spaces, all worked perfect. Thanks so much for the fast reply

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,309)