cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GhassanSd
Frequent Visitor

PVA on Teams-Manifest parsing has failed

I Created a bot on power virtual agent, and when deploying it on teams, an error appear Manifest parsing has failed.

Error details: 

Error while reading manifest.json: "staticTabs[0].name" is required
"staticTabs[0].contentUrl" is required
"staticTabs[1].name" is required
"staticTabs[1].contentUrl" is require

2 default tabs created by teams automatically named: About & conversation and i can't edit them to add the name and url

Any Idea 

Thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @GhassanSd ,

When you add a bot inside the Microsoft Teams, automatically will add two tabs and inside the Chat tab, you can talk with the chatbot.

Regarding your issue,

- Did you follow the documentation? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/publication-add-bot-to-microsoft-teams

- Did you change or add anything different of the documentation?

- Did you publish your chatbot inside the Power Virtual Agents portal?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português

View solution in original post

@GhassanSd ,

I recommend you to create a new app inside the Microsoft Teams and try to follow this video (I shown step-by-step)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCTxbAjOaMQ&list=PLWGKTxKF5vWc9YwqLkZB34oqJ1FGxrlSk&index=13&t=0s

If isn't working for you, we can think which is this issue, because I followed the documentation again and works normally for me.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

I have an internal email thread on this issue, as it happened to me and a colleague on Friday.  Hoping to get some insights from that, and I'll post what I hear back on resolution.

7 REPLIES 7
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @GhassanSd ,

When you add a bot inside the Microsoft Teams, automatically will add two tabs and inside the Chat tab, you can talk with the chatbot.

Regarding your issue,

- Did you follow the documentation? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/publication-add-bot-to-microsoft-teams

- Did you change or add anything different of the documentation?

- Did you publish your chatbot inside the Power Virtual Agents portal?

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Hi @renatoromao 

Yes same as documentation, I publish it, and i deploy the bot on facebook page and it work normally

@GhassanSd ,

I recommend you to create a new app inside the Microsoft Teams and try to follow this video (I shown step-by-step)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCTxbAjOaMQ&list=PLWGKTxKF5vWc9YwqLkZB34oqJ1FGxrlSk&index=13&t=0s

If isn't working for you, we can think which is this issue, because I followed the documentation again and works normally for me.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

I have an internal email thread on this issue, as it happened to me and a colleague on Friday.  Hoping to get some insights from that, and I'll post what I hear back on resolution.

@renatoromao 

it Works, thanks a lot

the only difference is that i set up first the bot then the domain & i choose 2 scope personnel & team

thanks a lot @renatoromao 

Based on the internal thread, it appears that the underlying issue has been fixed, and it's working in my demo tenant now.

Ekeneu

I faced a similar issue and was able to resolve it. I discovered that the limitation of having only the Personal scope for Microsoft Teams was the issue. In the capabilities section of the app studio Manifest editor when creating a new app, I realised that I had both Personal and Teams scope boxes checked. I unchecked the Teams scope and was finally able to install my PVA bot in teams successfully.

However, an issue with the resolution is that I wasn't able to Add/use the bot in a Teams Channel but when I went back to the manifest editor and checked the Teams scope box again, It worked and I was able to add the app to a Teams Channel aswell.

I hope you find this helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,103)