cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canix17
Regular Visitor

Power Virtual Agents for Teams Licensing

Hello,

Currently my team and another have created and published a chatbot in Teams. So far, we have been fine using the version that comes with Office365 licensing but now we would like to use premium features within the bot. Here are some questions we need to know before going forward:

1. How can we get a trial license for premium features in Power Virtual Agents in Teams?

2. After the trial is done, how can we get a license for premium features in Power Virtual Agents for Teams?

3. When we get a license for Teams, will that also give us access to the Power Virtual Agents web app? If so, I know we can't migrate our bot from Teams to the stand alone web app. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Canix17 ,

Follow below my comments in red.

1. How can we get a trial license for premium features in Power Virtual Agents in Teams?

You can use this documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/requirements-licensing-subscriptions#upgrading... 

When the trial license is enabled, you will be able to use Premium features. Also, you can configure the Security, then you will see the premium channels.

2. After the trial is done, how can we get a license for premium features in Power Virtual Agents for Teams?

Look at this documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/requirements-licensing#buy-a-tenant-license?WT... 

3. When we get a license for Teams, will that also give us access to the Power Virtual Agents web app? If so, I know we can't migrate our bot from Teams to the stand alone web app. 

Yes for both questions/comments.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português

Renato,

Thank you very much for the documentation - it is quite helpful. A follow up question for you: is there a way to tell as an admin which Teams are using a premium version or trial version of PVA for teams? In other words, how can I tell if I am already using the trial license in Teams for PVA? Perhaps that data is in the CoE or admin center?

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@Canix17 ,

As far as I know, you cannot know which user/bot is using premium from a trial license.

In the CoE, you can manage the PVA sessions and so on: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/guidance/coe/power-bi-monitor#virtual-agents?WT.mc_i... 

But when you have the premium license (without trial), you need to assign to users: Assign user licenses and manage access - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português

Okay thank you very much!

Perhaps you could tell if you have a trial license by trying to use premium features in PVA for Teams? For example, if I know I haven't bought a license but I am able to use premium connectors in my bot or publish it to a website, that would mean I must have a trial license correct? Otherwise we shouldn't be able use any premium features with the bot. Does that make sense?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

MS Build PVA Carousel 768x480.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development for Power Virtual Agents.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,240)