cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrian-m
Regular Visitor

Power agent / Dynamic content in flow

Hello,

I am brand new to power Apps and Agents. I am currently trying to create a tech support chatbot and I am trying to figure out how to take info from the user and put it in an email.

I have created a flow to send an email and the chatbot triggers it ok - the email gets sent.

The problem I have is getting the bot to pass user submitted info into the email.

In the flow, I am selecting the "ad dynamic content" and I'm expecting to see the variables from the bot but there's nothing available.

The flow and bot are in the same environment and solution - what am I missing?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adrian-m
Regular Visitor

It works! Thanks!! 

although I am very confused what the logical steps are lol.

So first of all I have to add an input in the flow trigger. I then return that input back to the agent with the return value node.
Then in the agent, in the flow action, I map the input from the flow with inputs from the agent?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @adrian-m,

Can you share a couple of screenshots of your current setup (pva topic and flow) and show us which variables you are exactly missing in the flow?

adrian-m
Regular Visitor

So the "To" address will always be the same. I want to gather responses from the user and put them in the body of the email. 

For the sake of the test I have just made a single question asking for the users email address, saved as VarEmail.

When looking at other peoples examples, they just seem to click dynamic content and they can choose field they want from the agent

adrianm_0-1636040559447.png

adrianm_2-1636040974000.png

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @adrian-m,

You can add an text input variable in the flow trigger action. In the bot you can map your varEmail to that text input variable. After that you can use it as dynamic content.

Below is an example of such a mapping.

1. Input and output in your flow.

inputoutputflow.png

2. Mapping to input of flow with your variable.

inputoutput.png

adrian-m
Regular Visitor

It works! Thanks!! 

although I am very confused what the logical steps are lol.

So first of all I have to add an input in the flow trigger. I then return that input back to the agent with the return value node.
Then in the agent, in the flow action, I map the input from the flow with inputs from the agent?

View solution in original post

adrian-m
Regular Visitor

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @adrian-m,

Great to hear that it works. 

Maybe my explanation wasn't that clear 😁. Microsoft also has a nice document about this setup which might help?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-flow

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Planning-build-bot-2-5-20-768x460.png

New Year’s Resolution - Build Conversational Bots!

Access all of the Power Virtual Agents learning resources and join the January learning challenge.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (1,950)