cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBIUWO
Resolver I
Resolver I

Questions about possibilities with Power Virtual Agents?

Hi,

I've done some research on Power Virtual Agents, and because it's still new, I'm wondering if someone can answer my questions about the possibilities with the tool.

I want to make a tool for the internal team. 

Currently, I have an email tool working with Python where if you ask a question in an email, it analyzes the data and responds back to you. 

1) Is it possible to ask something like, "What was the 12 month sale average for product ABC? " or even to have the month dynamic. (Ex. What was the 3 month sale average for product ABC?)  

Then to reply with the answer, and then the virtual agent to ask a follow up question like, "Would you like the details?"

Then for the user to say "Yes" and then get an Excel sheet or emailed copy of the analysis? 

2) Extending the first question, to have it so you can ask for multiple products? Followed by a comma or something so the virtual agent to know that you are asking for more than 1 information and replying with a table of the 12 month average for each item? 

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @PBIUWO ,

Yes, sure!

You can insert the same logic that you want but you need to do a lot of things using Power Automate and Bot Framework (or BF Composer).

Because inside the PVA, we cannot calculate or to do intelligent actions. You need to extend your chatbot to insert this calculate inside one of these tools.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

More details here: Use Microsoft Bot Framework Skills - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Automate chatbot actions with flows - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

@PBIUWO 

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

Thanks for the answer. 

I don't think I'll proceed with the project then, considering the cost as well.

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @PBIUWO ,

You can use everything inside the Microsoft Teams (Dataverse) and if you don't use any premium connector (Power Automate) or skills (Bot Framework Composer),  just need an Office 365 license.

It's a great way to don't use the Power Virtual Agents license: Overview of Power Virtual Agents web app - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (16,720)