Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Response to words like ok, alright etc

Hello community,

I am new to VPA. I was building a simple for for new joiners. The flow is working fine but I am not able to figure how to respond to end users responses like ok, alright etc?

The bot replies - sorry I am not able to understand, can you rephrase?

How to tackle such responses in VPA?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Response to words like ok, alright etc

If you are showing suggested options to a user and user types things like OK, Alright. You can add these as synonyms to these suggested options or closed list. If it is out of box, boolean - Yes and No, then Ya, Ok, Thats correct etc. should be treated as Yes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mishatandon ,

Welcome to the PVA community!!! 😄 

If your chatbot doesn't understand the message the end-user sends to him, you need to configure better your topic.

Basically, you just need to improve the trigger phrases that mean like which words will be sent by the joiners when they start the conversation with the chatbot.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/authoring-create-edit-topics#create-a-topic

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+1.000 students): https://www.udemy.com/pva-beginners
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

If you are showing suggested options to a user and user types things like OK, Alright. You can add these as synonyms to these suggested options or closed list. If it is out of box, boolean - Yes and No, then Ya, Ok, Thats correct etc. should be treated as Yes.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @Mishatandon  as @Commander  says what you need to do is create more  synonyms to tell the bot hey use this answer xD

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Community Conference

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Virtual Agents innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,760)