cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CariRodz
Frequent Visitor

SQL Server how to run a select statement in PVA and power automate

Hi guys,

I am looking for guidance on what is the best approach to using SQL Server, and the best approach to configure a flow in order to do CRUD operations.

I have connected my database to power automate and its working.

I now want to create a query to select who is my head of team as a test.

I am not sure how to build the flow using the SQL connectors and what is needed.

I have attempted using execute query only to realize it doesn't work with SQL server.

Please help, currently all methods I have tried/ google have just confused me more. 

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Invoke a Power Automate flow to execute the SQL Query and return the results in a format the bot can use.  There is a specific action you can use in a flow to execute a SQL query.  You can even include one or more named parameters.  When the results are returned you will need to format them as a string to return them to the BOT.  If you need to return a table of data check out the markdown characters available.  Format your bot messages - Teams | Microsoft Docs

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,226)