cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian1964
Frequent Visitor

Save a Users Email Address When Interacting With a Bot

Hello,

First time posting, not sure where to post.....

I am currently trying to capture a users email when they interact with the bot and save this somewhere like the ConversationTranscript entity. I then pull this CDS data into a sharepoint list using a flow for further manipulation. The email (amongst other things) is going to be used to verify a customer before providing info and also to facilitate an email of the content being sent to the customer following their interaction.

I have created a new field in the ConversationalTranscript entity, updated my authoring canvas to request the email from the user and set the variable. How do I get the email address a user adds in the bot conversation to save into the CDS entity?

Thanks for any help.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ian1964 ,

You can see a similar topic here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Publish-Channel-Management/Is-it-possible-to-reconnect-the-user-...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ian1964 ,

Unfortunately, you cannot do it yet.

Because the conversation will be saved into the ConversationTranscript entity after 6hrs of the real conversation, it's not in real-time.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Ian1964
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.

Is there no way of adjusting the data that is saved when the transcript is saved then? I did find the solution but it is 'managed' and doesnt allow any changes. I don't mind if it is 6 hours but I guess at best I could extract the email address from the content somehow. 

Does this mean there is no way to save any custom data gathered from a chat only the content?

Hi @Ian1964 ,

You can see a similar topic here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Publish-Channel-Management/Is-it-possible-to-reconnect-the-user-...

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Ok thanks it looks mighty complicated as per usual with these easy in principle things.

Ill give it a whirl and let you know if it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,778)