cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian1964
Frequent Visitor

Save a Users Email Address When Interacting With a Bot

Hello,

First time posting, not sure where to post.....

I am currently trying to capture a users email when they interact with the bot and save this somewhere like the ConversationTranscript entity. I then pull this CDS data into a sharepoint list using a flow for further manipulation. The email (amongst other things) is going to be used to verify a customer before providing info and also to facilitate an email of the content being sent to the customer following their interaction.

I have created a new field in the ConversationalTranscript entity, updated my authoring canvas to request the email from the user and set the variable. How do I get the email address a user adds in the bot conversation to save into the CDS entity?

Thanks for any help.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ian1964 ,

You can see a similar topic here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Publish-Channel-Management/Is-it-possible-to-reconnect-the-user-...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ian1964 ,

Unfortunately, you cannot do it yet.

Because the conversation will be saved into the ConversationTranscript entity after 6hrs of the real conversation, it's not in real-time.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Ian1964
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.

Is there no way of adjusting the data that is saved when the transcript is saved then? I did find the solution but it is 'managed' and doesnt allow any changes. I don't mind if it is 6 hours but I guess at best I could extract the email address from the content somehow. 

Does this mean there is no way to save any custom data gathered from a chat only the content?

Hi @Ian1964 ,

You can see a similar topic here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Publish-Channel-Management/Is-it-possible-to-reconnect-the-user-...

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

View solution in original post

Ok thanks it looks mighty complicated as per usual with these easy in principle things.

Ill give it a whirl and let you know if it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,229)