cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nik_Johnson

Send a message to MS Teams User

Hello all, excited to possibly use the technology as a solution. I will share the use case please advise if possible.

I would like to send the same message to individuals contained in an Excel File identified by Email Address

• Users are not members of a channel or specific team just part of the enterprise instance of MS Teams
  • The goal is to not have them have to join a specific group or install anything additional just have MS Teams and be on the network
  • Would be nice if there could also be some type of dialogue between the bot/PVA and user but not manadatory  

Is this possible?  

3 REPLIES 3
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Help @Nik_Johnson 

You can use Power Automate to do this:

Check out this guide to build a flow that does this:

https://sharepains.com/2020/07/07/mention-microsoft-teams-power-automate/#Running_a_flow_to_mention_...

In PVA just call the action for power automate and build the flow as per the guide above.

you can get the person interacting with the bot by following my guide here:

https://flowaltdelete.ca/2020/11/06/getting-user-details-to-use-in-power-virtual-agents-teams/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Nik_Johnson

Thank you for your response @Jcook  2 questions 
1. Does the @Mention create a private chat/message in teams? 
2. If it does can you feed a collection of names to it by way of a loop or reading from a flat file?  

Hi @Nik_Johnson 

Sorry for the late reply.

1. The mention token can be used in Channels or private chats. It depends on which action you use the token in.

2. Yes you should be able to create a Apply to each loop to get a list of mention tokens which can be used

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,223)