cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samguess

Share Report or dashboard on POWER BI

Good morning all,

I would like to know when I share my report or dashboard with other people by email:

1 - This person must have a PowerBi PRO license or not ???

2 - On the other hand, does it access this report or dashboard via a web page ???

3 - The user must read his email each time to click on the link to access the new report or dashboard.

4 - during the consultation, does the user have the means to update the data on his interface. If not, can we give him that opportunity. Otherwise, if the owner of the report or dashboard has set up an automatic data update (hourly for example), will it also be updated on the same day? interface of the person to whom this report or dashboard was shared (or will he have to leave the interface and return to it) ???

Thank you for your expertise. Good day everyone - Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hi @Samguess  to answer your questions

I would like to know when I share my report or dashboard with other people by email:

1 - This person must have a PowerBi PRO license or not ??? YES

2 - On the other hand, does it access this report or dashboard via a web page ??? If you are the user who create the dashboard you can export as iframe, but there are rules in the org that could lock this fuction.

3 - The user must read his email each time to click on the link to access the new report or dashboard. Not necessary you can add your report in Microsoft Teams or in a web page

4 - during the consultation, does the user have the means to update the data on his interface. If not, can we give him that opportunity. Otherwise, if the owner of the report or dashboard has set up an automatic data update (hourly for example), will it also be updated on the same day? interface of the person to whom this report or dashboard was shared (or will he have to leave the interface and return to it) ??? Depending on your licence if is Pro you can allow 8 refresh per day so if the user is in the page and yoy refresh tha data the user needs to access again or refresh the page to see the new data.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Samguess ,

Welcome to Power Virtual Agents Community! 🙂

Can you explain better about your situation and your question?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Renato Romão
https://www.linkedin.com/in/renatoromao/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português

Hi @renatoromao,

What precisions do you want ?? 

Hi @Samguess ,

Your first post is empty so I question about how information do you want to know 🙂

So this Community is to do about the Power Virtual Agents, if you want to know about the Power BI, you can open and send a new message in this forum: https://community.powerbi.com/

Please, close this topic accepting this answer as the solution.

---

Thanks!
Renato Romão
https://www.linkedin.com/in/renatoromao/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português

hi @Samguess  to answer your questions

1 - This person must have a PowerBi PRO license or not ??? YES

2 - On the other hand, does it access this report or dashboard via a web page ??? If you are the user who create the dashboard you can export as iframe, but there are rules in the org that could lock this fuction.

3 - The user must read his email each time to click on the link to access the new report or dashboard. Not necessary you can add your report in Microsoft Teams or in a web page

4 - during the consultation, does the user have the means to update the data on his interface. If not, can we give him that opportunity. Otherwise, if the owner of the report or dashboard has set up an automatic data update (hourly for example), will it also be updated on the same day? interface of the person to whom this report or dashboard was shared (or will he have to leave the interface and return to it) ??? Depending on your licence if is Pro you can allow 8 refresh per day so if the user is in the page and yoy refresh tha data the user needs to access again or refresh the page to see the new data.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PVA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Center-of-Excellence-Starter-Kit-cropped 768x460.png

The Total Economic Impact™ of Power Virtual Agents

Read this 2021 commissioned study, conducted by Forrester Consulting.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,099)