cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Share a bot with your Team - need to submit for admin approval first? - Teams Preview

Hi!

So thanx to the Teams PReview recently announce I just followed the steps to publish a bot 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/teams/publication-add-bot-to-microsoft-teams-t...

Once verified I can invoke my own flow, next step is to share it with my teammates .

The point is, they can see the bot in Built for your-organization-name > Built by your colleagues section, but when they doubleclick on it, an error message is displayed:

PVA_TeamsBOTS.png

The text explain 'Either the app does not exist or your org does not allow you to use it'. Taking into my teammates can already see the bot icon in Built by your colleagues section, I guess the problem is org permissions related.

My question is, do I need to submit the app for admin approval first, and get their explicit permission to share it with my teammates?

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

26 REPLIES 26
Nowals
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi. 

Just following to provide more information on the outage initially reported by @micchow

The outage occurred on October 23th -24th and could have affected any bots created on those days. The common issue we have seen reported is that customers, or other people in the same team, could not install a bot in Teams either through the link in the power virtual agent authoring app or in the Teams app store directly. In this case, we do recommended first trying this mitigation step.

"Go to Publish page -> share the bot -> edit detail.  Make modification to the bot detail and save the changes." 

We have seen for some customer that the above step does not fix the issue for them. In this case, we believe that the original outage caused some bots to get in bad states. We are working on fixes that will hopefully allow you to recover the bot using the same steps above, however those fixes will take some time before being available. In the meantime, to get a quick mitigation we recommend also trying to just create a new bot. Since the original issue was a outage, new bots should not be affected and should work as expected. If this is not an option for you, please let me know and I can try to work with you to get your bot recovered as soon as possible. Also, let me know if the issue exist even after creating a new bot. 

For anyone experiencing other issues not related to installing the bot, we will follow up in separate replies. 

Thanks, and please let me know if there is need for further clarification.  

hi @efialttes  friend you need to go to Teams admin and then allow the Bot to publish.

1.- go to teams admin as admin account https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/

2.- follow the image steps.

tesm.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
micchow
PVA
PVA

Hi everyone, thank you for reporting the issues.  Issues on this post can be categorized into two problems.  Providing summary and mitigation here:

1. Bot creator cannot install the bot in Teams, teammates sees the bot in Teams app store but cannot install it -> please follow @Nowals earlier post for mitigation.

2. Bots can be installed by teammates in Teams but the bot says user does not have access to talk with the bot.

For #2, please go to the bot in Power Virtual Agents:

1. Navigate to left menu -> Configuration -> Security -> Access

2. Check to see if the drop down menu shows empty state.

3. If yes to previous step, change the access setting to team member only or everyone in the organization depending on your target audience.

4. Save the setting

5. Navigate to left menu -> Publish to publish your bot for the access change to take effect

Hopefully the mitigation above resolves the problem of bots replying to user they do not have access.  Note that if the user has recently tried chatting with the bot will need to wait for 30 mins of conversation idle before the access change will be applied to them.  For new users who starts a new conversation with the bot, the access change should take effect within a minute after publish.

Please let us know if this solves the issue.  We are working on the fix to make sure the bot default access setting is set to member only so all bots created by default allows team member to chat with it without needing the steps above.

Thank you all again for being patient and helping our investigation!

micchow
PVA
PVA

Thank you everyone in this wonderful community for the reporting and being patient with us.  We have rolled out a fix that addresses issues on teammates not having access to bot after installing in Microsoft Teams.  The fix is live and please let us know if you still see the issue.  

My colleague reported the same error: app not found. Do I need to re-publish the content ?

Thanks

GBTeamsAPP
Frequent Visitor

i have issue with Bot When I click open Chatbot the error message appears. 

stephenyoung89_0-1602678043956.png

@GBTeamsAPP , this means that your organization has disabled users to install PVA bots in Teams directly.  Please contact your Teams admin to see your org's policy allows 'Shared Power Virtual Agents' app in the Teams admin center. 

You can find more detail in documentation here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-power-platform-apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Update

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Virtual Agents innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (19,399)