cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amag

Unable to open Power Virtual Agent Bot. Denied permissions error

Hi

I am unable to open my Bot I had created in PVA within my Teams. I can publish it and it confirms that it is published and will be available after a few minutes. But when I click on 'Open the bot' I immediately get the following message telling me I don't have permissions to install this app:

amag_0-1615768390861.png

I checked my permissions and everything seems to be ok from that perspective. I am a Global Administrator and have full administrator rights to Teams. I have checked the permissions policies under 'Teams apps' and granted myself 'Allow all apps' for all three options. PVA is also set as an allowed app. However, I just can't seem to open the bot I have created in Teams and have run out of ideas. What am I doing wrong?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Amag

18 REPLIES 18
katte

is there a resolution to this ? we are having the same issue as well, been working to MS team support and no luck

DiegoPeres
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @amag and @katte,

Publishing a BOT in the application store can only be done by an administrator of the environment, in which case you should ask the administrator to publish the BOT.

DiegoPeres_0-1630505393741.png

DiegoPeres_1-1630505421130.png

As a workaround, you can export the manifest and import it into teams, to perform tests on the bot directly in TEAMS before publishing it to the TEAMS app store.

DiegoPeres_2-1630505446831.png

Did I answer your question?😉
Please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find you faster.

Like my answer?

Like it! 👍

Thanks!
Diego Peres,
Connect with me: Linkedin

Thank you @amag and @katte for reporting the issue.  I have sent a private message to you for more information so we can investigate the issue.  

kmankash55
Advocate I
Advocate I

starting today we have started experiencing the same issue with all our bots. They all come up with this error:

@micchow can you please assist?

We have tried disconnecting, reconnecting, editing description, etc nothing has worked.

kmankash55_0-1630609963981.png

@kmankash55 , thank you for reporting the issue.  I have sent you a private message for more info so we can investigate it further.

@kmankash55 and everyone the issue should have been fixed by now.  Please let us know if you are still seeing the issue, thank you.

kmankash55
Advocate I
Advocate I

@micchow I had to log out of Teams and republish the Bots. Then I was able to open them. Thank you.

What was the issue?

Thank you @kmankash55  for confirming you can open the bot now!  The issue I referred to earlier is the one on this thread where user receives App not found when attempting to open the bot in Teams. 

kiharasan

Hi 
This is kihara from japan
I have been trying to "Open bot" ,but   I am having the same issue as well.
 I had checked something of admin, roll. my account have.
Could you help me with a solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,546)