cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piyush7

Use of variables in pva

I am creating a bot using power virtual agent.

I have some doubts it'll be great if you can help me out. Thanks in advance 🙂

1. can I change the value of a global variable in a topic, which is not the topic in which it was created ?
  2. how good is the NLP/NLU aspect of PVA? I personally didn't find it very effective, may be its because I am still new to this. Do you have any tips for making it more efficient?
1 REPLY 1
Canix17
Regular Visitor

Good question! I can speak to both questions but hopefully someone else can chime in as well.

1. You can change the value of a global variable within another topic, however, I believe the only way to do this is by using the ask a question node. Therefor, your global variable will be set to the users response. I do wish developers had the option to set the value of any variable within a topic but to this date I haven't seen that functionality anywhere.

2. This seems to be more of a subjective question but as I have experience working with a few conversational chatbots, I'll offer my opinion. What I can tell so far is that the NLP used within PVA may be a bit behind some of the rest of the field (IPSofts Amelia for example). I might be wrong but I think Microsoft entered the game a little later than other vendors. That being said, Microsoft is good at making fast improvements and I think down the road the NLP will improve.

I hope that helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,952)