cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piyush7

Use of variables in pva

I am creating a bot using power virtual agent.

I have some doubts it'll be great if you can help me out. Thanks in advance 🙂

1. can I change the value of a global variable in a topic, which is not the topic in which it was created ?
  2. how good is the NLP/NLU aspect of PVA? I personally didn't find it very effective, may be its because I am still new to this. Do you have any tips for making it more efficient?
1 REPLY 1
Canix17
Regular Visitor

Good question! I can speak to both questions but hopefully someone else can chime in as well.

1. You can change the value of a global variable within another topic, however, I believe the only way to do this is by using the ask a question node. Therefor, your global variable will be set to the users response. I do wish developers had the option to set the value of any variable within a topic but to this date I haven't seen that functionality anywhere.

2. This seems to be more of a subjective question but as I have experience working with a few conversational chatbots, I'll offer my opinion. What I can tell so far is that the NLP used within PVA may be a bit behind some of the rest of the field (IPSofts Amelia for example). I might be wrong but I think Microsoft entered the game a little later than other vendors. That being said, Microsoft is good at making fast improvements and I think down the road the NLP will improve.

I hope that helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Planning-build-bot-2-5-20-768x460.png

New Year’s Resolution - Build Conversational Bots!

Access all of the Power Virtual Agents learning resources and join the January learning challenge.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (1,882)