cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allen_Gao
Microsoft
Microsoft

Use source control for the topics or workflows?

Hi This is Allen, have a question for topics.

Is there anyway to source control the topics? (like export them as json files and deployment them to somewhere)

Also for the bot's workflows,  currently they can be exported as json files. And these json files could only be used to imported? is it possible to CD(continuous deployment them)

Looking forward to your reply

Allen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UdayAdhikari
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

HI @Allen_Gao - with the recent GA of Microsoft Power Platform Build Tools for Azure DevOps CI/CD of Power Virtual Agents (PVA) is now supported. Is it my understanding that as long as workflows/flows are created from within PVA or with PVA trigger action (not a stand alone flow), flows will be extracted and deployed as past of PVA.

As for topic by topic source control, as @renatoromao mentioned it's not supported today OOB but again everything is stored in CDS entities so there might be a way to get to individual topics which I have yet to explore.

Additional refence on build tools: Microsoft Power Platform Build Tools tasks

Thanks

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Allen_Gao ,

Today you can export the chatbot and all topics inside the chatbot, you can use this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/authoring-export-import-bots

But you cannot export only one or more than one topic without export the chatbot.

Regarding the workflow JSON file when you export, you can import in another environment and Office 365 user environment.

I already tried to export and modify the JSON (credentials, paths) and import again in some environments and work well but you need to have many attention to change everything.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português
UdayAdhikari
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

HI @Allen_Gao - with the recent GA of Microsoft Power Platform Build Tools for Azure DevOps CI/CD of Power Virtual Agents (PVA) is now supported. Is it my understanding that as long as workflows/flows are created from within PVA or with PVA trigger action (not a stand alone flow), flows will be extracted and deployed as past of PVA.

As for topic by topic source control, as @renatoromao mentioned it's not supported today OOB but again everything is stored in CDS entities so there might be a way to get to individual topics which I have yet to explore.

Additional refence on build tools: Microsoft Power Platform Build Tools tasks

Thanks

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up

View solution in original post

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Allen_Gao,

To supplement on @renatoromao post. As he said, you can add the chatbot to a solution. You can then save the chatbot source (topics, entity, etc) to source control by using the CDS tooling specifically solution packager (or the unpack task from build tools). Solution Packager allows you to decompose the solution file and save the content (XML files) to your source control. You can also improve your ALM strategy by pack or preparing your Chatbot solution from source control and deploy to your target environments with the build tools.

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PVA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Center-of-Excellence-Starter-Kit-cropped 768x460.png

The Total Economic Impact™ of Power Virtual Agents

Read this 2021 commissioned study, conducted by Forrester Consulting.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,068)