cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobisready

Vary the start topic

When the user clicks the button on my website to launch PVA, I want it to begin at a specific topic without the user typing anything. That specific topic will vary based on the page the user is on. The topic variable will be stored on the page or can be a JS variable that gets fed to the PVA JS script.

Is there a way to pass a variable to PVA through JS in order to trigger a specific topic?

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Here's the documentation on how to autostart a bot using javascript.  I think the key would be to provide a parameter on the URL that starts the bot (in the javascript) based on the page the bot is started from.  Then use that parameter to conditionally jump to a specific topic when the bot starts.

Automatically start a chatbot conversation - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @bobisready  ,

Do you need anything else?

Is it working @Pstork1 's solution?

- If yes, could you please accept his reply as a Solution? Thanks! 🙂

- Otherwise, you can see additional information below:

First, you'll need to deploy a custom canvas that includes arguments that trigger the greeting. By default, the custom canvas calls the default system greeting topic. You can, however, create a new topic to be used as the greeting, although you will need to divert the default system greeting topic to a new topic.

----> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/configure-bot-greeting?WT.mc_id=BA-MVP-5003806 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Virtual Agents community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,505)