cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitjadhav123
Helper IV
Helper IV

Web security for PVA in teams v/s Web PVA

Documentation  says in Web security capability there is 'no ability to generate secrets to enable secure access' for Power Virtual Agents for Microsoft Teams plan. But full subscription of Power Virtual Agents has it feature. However, when I compared both in our subscriptions I see both teams and full subscription has this capability. I shows in following screenshots

Web security enabled in teams PVA version

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 7.36.49 PM.png

Web security enabled in full PVA version (expected)

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 7.39.13 PM.png

We would like to make a decision whether teams PVA bot can be used securely on websites using Direct Line communication. Or we have to go with full subscription.  As there is discrepancy in the documentation v/s what we see.

Can someone confirm if documentation is outdated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @rohitjadhav123 ,

Follow the Microsoft answer:

The ability to use web channel security is gated on the license user has, not the client the users uses. If customer has premium license, premium features will light up even in the PVA for Teams client. 

I.e. if user has PVA for Teams license which is included in most M365 subscriptions, they will only be able to use PVA for Teams app & will NOT have ability to use Web Channel security. 

However, if user has PVA standalone license (paid or viral trial) they are entitled to use web channel security and they can use this feature regardless of whether they author their bots in PVA for Teams app or the PVA web portal. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @rohitjadhav123 ,

Today, you can't deploy the PVA for Teams bot as a Direct channel or Custom Website, you need a PVA for Web license to publish bots to external channels (instead of teams).

With a Microsoft 365 license, you are only able to publish bots inside the Teams.

Maybe the documentation is wrong or outdated.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

@renatoromaoIt could be. But, as seen in first screenshot we are actually able get direct line secret for PVA in teams. That means we can communicate with this bot via DL.

Any thoughts on that?

Hi,

There's a conflict in documentation also. Here it says: 

nmk_0-1607486480189.png

Well, it doesn't mean that one should do it if it's technically possible when the license doesn't allow it. You need to get further clarification from MS about the usage. Perhaps they might allow embedding PVA team bot into other bots.

nmk
Resolver I
Resolver I

@rohitjadhav123  - if clarification from myself or @renatoromao has solved what were you looking for then please mark this as a solution. This benefits other users also.

cheers

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @rohitjadhav123 ,

I will escalate to the Microsoft team, they can confirm it before we close this topic.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

That sounds great!

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @rohitjadhav123 ,

Follow the Microsoft answer:

The ability to use web channel security is gated on the license user has, not the client the users uses. If customer has premium license, premium features will light up even in the PVA for Teams client. 

I.e. if user has PVA for Teams license which is included in most M365 subscriptions, they will only be able to use PVA for Teams app & will NOT have ability to use Web Channel security. 

However, if user has PVA standalone license (paid or viral trial) they are entitled to use web channel security and they can use this feature regardless of whether they author their bots in PVA for Teams app or the PVA web portal. 

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (27,847)