cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlpKaraosman
Regular Visitor

using same variable multiple times

Hi,

I want to use a single topic to direct the user to different pages. I adjusted the variables to take the values from different topics. It works for once but when I use that page again, it doesn't accept the values coming from the last topic if it is used more than once. I appreciate any help.

Alp

2 REPLIES 2
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlpKaraosman ,

Correct me I'm wrong:

- Are you trying to reuse the same variable in multiple questions/topics?

- Or are you trying to overwrite the existing variable in another topic/question?

If it's possible, would be good to share some screenshots.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português

Thank you for your reply, Renatoromao.

I am trying to make a topic (let's say Topic A) where the user chooses one of the options (different self help therapy techniques topics), visit those topics, and after that topic ends, the user comes to the Topic A and chooses another technique and goes to that topic. 

I transfer some values using "input variables" between these self help techniques topics (like distressing event, emotion, thought, etc. ) So Topic A transfers those values to these topics. But when I come to Topic A second time with those input variables, the questions which receives those input variables are shown in the dialog. At the first time they are not shown, but coming to the same page again they are visible. I would prefer they behave the same as the first time.

Thanks in advance,

Alp

I can't share screenshots as the topics are all in Turkish. I hope I managed to explain it better.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Virtual Agents community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,054)