Level: Powered On

CDS OData query not storing credentials

Hello,

I am trying to connect to Project Online OData using the CDS.

When setting up the connection in the "Get Data" section, I put in my Organizational Credentials and the screen says "You are currently signed in". However, when I click "Next" the yellow banner appears that says "Invalid Credentials" as if it is not passing through my organizational login cookie or something.

I can successfully navigate to the ~site/_api/projectdata page in a browser and receive the XML so I know my credentials are correct.

I have also tried directly entering the query in the "edit Queries" window and it keeps looping on "Please specify how to connect" with and "Edit Crednetials" button after authenticating in the pop-up window.

I have tried with Edge, Chrome, and IE and have cleared all cookies.

This happens in my default environment only. When switching to my other environment, the query works.

Any suggestions to pull OData from Project Online using the CDS in my default environment? Is there a way to delete/reset the database?

Thanks,

C

Microsoft Employee

Re: CDS OData query not storing credentials

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Can you reproduce the issue and give us the session ID? You can access the session ID from the Edit Queries window by clicking on the Options button in the ribbon and getting the value at the bottom of the dialog.

Also, is the default environment the one with "(default)" in the name?

Thanks,
Alejandro

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes. The looping auth issue only happens in the Default environment.

In the other environment that I have associated with my user, I can connet without issue.

Here is the session ID from a few minutes ago:

9c494775-4778-4cb1-a603-4d2ffd459544

C

Hello,

I replied the other day with my session ID, but it did not seem to post.

At any rate, the behavior have changed since then.  Now I get a Sign in canceled message on the "Enter Credentials" page every time I try to sign in from the "Edit queries" page. (see below)  I am stuck in that loop.

Here is the session ID: Power Query Preview

3ec4b370-2ba6-49c8-b001-c68d139a2c12

signin.png

Microsoft Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Do you see this sign-in issue in all browsers, or just certain ones? Does a login window ever appear?

We are still looking into the other issue but have not found a cause yet.

Thanks.

Thanks,
Alejandro
Highlighted

Hello,

In IE, I see the "Sign in Canceled" message and in Chrome I see "Invalid Credentials"

Christian