cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I cannot register nor sign up to the community with my work account

I receive an error when attempting to register at powerusers.microsoft.com site:  

PowerUsers Community needs permission to access resources in your organization that only an admin can grant. Please ask an admin to grant permission to this app before you can use it". The user has permission to use the Flow app, and I can find no place to grant permissions to the PowerUsers community. As an admin, I am able to use my O365 account to begin the registration process for a PowerUsers community account.

I am the admin.  How do I set this permission for my end users?

Hayes3d
Level 8

Re: I cannot register nor sign up to the community with my gmail-account.

I know this is an old topic, but I am having the same issue. With my personal account I can sign-in to this site and post. But with my work account I cannot. I've tried both my work email and my admin email, neither work.

I get the same error message: 

You can't access this application
Highlighted
SamSingh
Level: Power Up

Re: I cannot register nor sign up to the community with my gmail-account.

I am the O365 Global admin for our Organizations tenant and thus far I am the only one that can sign in.  My other IT admins (non-global admins) cannot sign in. They get the following error message.

error.png

So what I did was turn this on in the admin side (Home -> Services & Add-ins -> Integrated Apps:

integration.png

This allowed the user to sign in.

I then turned it off after they were successfully signed in and had them test again by signing out.  I turned this off to see if they could get into the community site.  I don't want this turned on from a security perspective. They were able to get back in so it worked.

Hopefully, this works for people out there having challenges.  The unfortunate part is that you have to convince your Global Admin to turn this on temporarily unless Microsoft can figure out how to allow users to sign up for this community.

There are also explicity rules that can be set in Azure AD for the more technically inclined and with the proper rights: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-integrating-applica...

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 437 members 6,038 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: