cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abrae005
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

502 Bad Gateway when creating Planner Tasks

I've got a flow that creates several tasks in MS Planner. This flow has worked in the past, but this morning it doesn't seem to be working. I have checked all my authorizations on the flow, those are all good, and I have checked that I can log into Planner and see the task board that I'm trying to add items to. I have also re-created the "Create Task" action, and that did not resolve.

Here is the error that I'm receiving:

Status code

Headers
request-id
9d48882b-8a26-4d23-b714-0436a31df0d4
client-request-id
9d48882b-8a26-4d23-b714-0436a31df0d4
x-ms-ags-diagnostic
{"ServerInfo":{"DataCenter":"West US","Slice":"SliceA","Ring":"5","ScaleUnit":"001","Host":"AGSFE_IN_12","ADSiteName":"WST"}}
Duration
Strict-Transport-Security
max-age=31536000
Timing-Allow-Origin
Cache-Control
private
Date
Fri, 30 Mar 2018 13:53:56 GMT
Content-Length
Content-Type
application/json
Body
{
  "error": {
    "code": 502,
    "message": "{\r\n  \"error\": {\r\n    \"code\": 502,\r\n    \"source\": \"msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net\",\r\n    \"clientRequestId\": \"762c9477-4b44-403a-ab5f-5a4cec288892\",\r\n    \"message\": \"BadGateway\",\r\n    \"innerError\": {\r\n      \"error\": {\r\n        \"code\": \"\",\r\n        \"message\": \"Error retrieving graph object\",\r\n        \"innerError\": {\r\n          \"request-id\": \"9d48882b-8a26-4d23-b714-0436a31df0d4\",\r\n          \"date\": \"2018-03-30T13:53:56\"\r\n        }\r\n      }\r\n    }\r\n  }\r\n}, clientRequestId: 762c9477-4b44-403a-ab5f-5a4cec288892"
  }
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abrae005,

The issue is fixed, please take a try to test the flow again.

Please let me know if it works now.

Regards,

Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
abrae005
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

In the flow, I had been attempting to assign the task directly with an email address.

A peer suggested that rather than doing that, I should add a "Office 365 - Get User Profile" action, and use the ID from that in the "Assigned User ID" field on the Create Task action. That seemed to work.

So, I still have a bug to report, because the help text for that field says "The id or email address of the user to assign this task to", and it is not accepting an email address as input.

I can't seem to add a screenshot in this reply, but there is one in my Public Images gallery, filename "or_email.jpg"

georgek
Frequent Visitor

I'm actually seeing the same exact error in my flow as well, also when creating a task.  so I'm thinking MS is having some issue with the service? Not sure if there is a place where we can check the service status.

Can anyone confirm?

georgek
Frequent Visitor

Just an FYI.. I was just on a call with Microsoft, and they confirmed that they are having an issue with the service.

Working on it, but not exact ETA, likely sometime tomorrow.

abrae005
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

The flow is still failing this morning when I use an email address rather than the user ID.

I'm also a bit curious as to why Microsoft has responded to most of the other new threads on this board, but not this one.

georgek
Frequent Visitor

Not quite sure about why they haven't responded.

I'm still waiting on a call back from them. They called on Saturday and I missed the call. I gave them a time yesterday and today. Hopefully they'll call, though, if this is an issue on their end, I'm not sure why they want to call me, I would've thought they would just work on fixing it. But it certainly has been more than a day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm running into the same issue. I have a flow that has worked in the past but is now presenting an error like that which you posted. My error message was as follows:

"error": { "code": 502, "source": "msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net", "clientRequestId": "026068c0-8bfa-4d56-b923-8c2d5a286764", "message": "BadGateway", "innerError": { "error": { "code": "", "message": "Error retrieving graph object", "innerError": { "request-id": "8aed0c0c-f0b7-408e-8cbf-fef879120231", "date": "2018-04-02T15:38:24" } } } } }, clientRequestId: 026068c0-8bfa-4d56-b923-8c2d5a286764

Will keep this thread updated once I hear back from MS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got the same issue as well. I'm using 'x-ms-user-email' to assign the task in Planner.

Got an update from Microsoft, and they stated that they are still working on it, and are escalating to the "NEXT" team (whatever that is).

Will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,578)