cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abrae005
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

502 Bad Gateway when creating Planner Tasks

I've got a flow that creates several tasks in MS Planner. This flow has worked in the past, but this morning it doesn't seem to be working. I have checked all my authorizations on the flow, those are all good, and I have checked that I can log into Planner and see the task board that I'm trying to add items to. I have also re-created the "Create Task" action, and that did not resolve.

Here is the error that I'm receiving:

Status code

Headers
request-id
9d48882b-8a26-4d23-b714-0436a31df0d4
client-request-id
9d48882b-8a26-4d23-b714-0436a31df0d4
x-ms-ags-diagnostic
{"ServerInfo":{"DataCenter":"West US","Slice":"SliceA","Ring":"5","ScaleUnit":"001","Host":"AGSFE_IN_12","ADSiteName":"WST"}}
Duration
Strict-Transport-Security
max-age=31536000
Timing-Allow-Origin
Cache-Control
private
Date
Fri, 30 Mar 2018 13:53:56 GMT
Content-Length
Content-Type
application/json
Body
{
  "error": {
    "code": 502,
    "message": "{\r\n  \"error\": {\r\n    \"code\": 502,\r\n    \"source\": \"msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net\",\r\n    \"clientRequestId\": \"762c9477-4b44-403a-ab5f-5a4cec288892\",\r\n    \"message\": \"BadGateway\",\r\n    \"innerError\": {\r\n      \"error\": {\r\n        \"code\": \"\",\r\n        \"message\": \"Error retrieving graph object\",\r\n        \"innerError\": {\r\n          \"request-id\": \"9d48882b-8a26-4d23-b714-0436a31df0d4\",\r\n          \"date\": \"2018-03-30T13:53:56\"\r\n        }\r\n      }\r\n    }\r\n  }\r\n}, clientRequestId: 762c9477-4b44-403a-ab5f-5a4cec288892"
  }
}

27 REPLIES 27
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abrae005@georgek@Anonymous@Anonymous,

The issue is confirmed on my side, the "create task" action would run failed with the error as your provided when fill in the email address in the "Assigned to user id"  field of "create task" action.

My team is working on it to fix the problem, I would reply here if the problem is fixed.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

I have many flows failing since last week which is causing mass havoc internally. Following this string so I know when the problem is fixed. Getting the same error code when trying to create planner tasks. Thanks for posting! 

BryoniMcDade

Hi, 

My users are getting the same error on this. I contacted Microsoft support this morning and have just had a call with them, they are aware of the issues and are working to get this fixed. Not sure when it will be as they are still trying to find out why this has happened. I have asked them to let me know when it has been fixed, hopefully shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Jkarlgren
Regular Visitor

Anyone heard anything more from Microsoft? My flow is used for all corporate and legal documents and this is causing a HUGE interuption in our day to day.

Still have not heard back... in a holding pattern at this point. Will follow up with them today.

Jkarlgren
Regular Visitor

My flow is working again! 

Can anyone else confirm that it's working? I haven't heard back from MS, and my flow seems to still be failing with the same message.

The only way I'm able to have the Planner task be created by Flow currently is to remove the assignment of the task. The task is creating successfully when created with that change which works on small numbers of automation but not on high volume.

Thanks Alice...

and I hope you mean you'll reply WHEN, not IF the problem is fixed 🙂 , I'm pretty sure everyone on this thread uses this flow to run critical aspects of their business.

Thanks for your continued attention to this matter.

I have just recieved an email from Microsoft saying that the Product Team are still working to try resolve the issue. I will post in here if I get an update from them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,203)