cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julisa
Regular Visitor

A new type of parse json error?

Hello,

I have been attempting to set up a parse JSON step to get the files from an MS Forms "Upload File" question, pretty standard. 

First issue: I had to jump onto a different browser to paste the schema (below) into the parse json. I suspected this had to do with caching even though I cleared my cache just last week. After following issues, not so certain.

{ "type": "array", "items": { "type": "object", "properties": { "name": { "type": "string" }, "link": { "type": "string" }, "id": { "type": "string" }, "type": {}, "size": { "type": "integer" }, "referenceId": { "type": "string" }, "driveId": { "type": "string" }, "status": { "type": "integer" }, "uploadSessionUrl": {} }, "required": [ "name", "link", "id", "type", "size", "referenceId", "driveId", "status", "uploadSessionUrl" ] } }

Second issue: After I pasted the schema and created the "Get file content using path" step, the only items that would come up in dynamic content were "type" (as below), whether or not I nest the step in an "Apply to each" first or not.
Only one option available in dynamic content?Only one option available in dynamic content?

Third issue: Since I'm actually looking for the name of the file in the dynamic content (as I've done before in my other flows), I tried to create an expression (i.e. items('Apply_to_each')['name'] )leading to the name of the file even if the dynamic content wouldn't cooperate. It didn't work, instead I got a notification that this is a new type of error I should post a message about:

Error messageError messageError raw outputError raw output

Is anyone else experiencing problems with parse JSON today? First I couldn't copy steps between flows, now I can't do a simple parse JSON. It's making my job a lot harder, and not certain I'll be able to finish my project on time/at all if this error keeps happening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julisa
Regular Visitor

I figured out the problem - for whatever reason, part of the JSON schema wouldn't paste from my clipboard. At least I'll be able to finish my flow now!

The problem with inability to copy steps across flows is still alive and well though. Steps I copied earlier in the day are now available (nothing was last week), but not the ones I've just copied, so I'm guessing they're trying to resolve that issue or it's developed a new and unpredictable personality quirk.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
julisa
Regular Visitor

I figured out the problem - for whatever reason, part of the JSON schema wouldn't paste from my clipboard. At least I'll be able to finish my flow now!

The problem with inability to copy steps across flows is still alive and well though. Steps I copied earlier in the day are now available (nothing was last week), but not the ones I've just copied, so I'm guessing they're trying to resolve that issue or it's developed a new and unpredictable personality quirk.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,108)