I'm attempting to copy a file in the same library but getting error - Action 'Copy file' failed
Here's the flow
I've got two possible causes
The error shows an incorrect filename as it is missing the '+' signs
Action 'Copy file' failed
To make this flow work, inspect the inputs to this action and ensure they would find the right resource.
This action failed because it tried to access something that does not exist.
The error message from the service is below. This maybe useful for support:
The file DoP No 98_Glasstex_P200x200 R STR IB (UK).pdf does not exist. clientRequestId: 72101f9f-e6f3-43ca-bc66-01f837c5db90
And the file path in the flow is as below
Also the file has 7 managed metadata columns which are preventing me from using the create file using data from "Get File Content".
I get the same error without any variables. eg I simply use the output as test.pdf and get the same error,
Obviously all this stems from the lack of functionality to simply rename the file, Not easy for an end user who is processing hundreds of files.
Hope this can be resolved quickly
Thanks for feedback. According to your description, I create a simple flow with the action “SharePoint – Copy file” to test this issue.
The flow’s configuration likes below:
I get two results when I modify different file with different name to run the flow, one is Succeeded while the other one is Failed.
About the Succeeded one, the file name of the modified file is “A (version 1).xlsb.xlsx”. There is no special character in the file name.
When I modify the file to run the flow, it succeeded.
About the failed one, the file name of the modified file is “Import+str_uuel+ID(UK).xlsx”, as you can see, there are special characters in the file name.
When I modify the file to run the flow, it failed with the same error message you’ve got.
It seems that the error related to the special characters in the file name.
I will be going to report and confirm it from my side and back to you once I got any updates.
Thank you for reporting this issue. I believe we fixed a similar issue for the "Create file" action earlier this year. So a workaround to get you unblocked could be to "Get file content" and then use the "Create file" action to make it succeed.
Hope this helps.
I have filed a report of this issue to get it fixed in a later release.
I tried the create file and the flow ran successfully and created a duplicate of the file however none of the managed metadata was copied across
Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!
Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!
We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.
Find out where you can attend!
Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!