cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjgerlach91

Apply to Each Loop Issue

Hello, I think there might be bug when using the Apply to Each loop (is there any way to opt out of the loop?).  Ideally, I wouldn't have this Apply to Each loop at all. 

The intent is to pick up Change Requests in Azure DevOps and post them as alerts in Teams.  The problem occurs when someone posts multiple Change Requests in quick succession - I simply want to drop a clickable hyperlink into the post, however when a ADO ticket is created rapidly, one after another, it results in this in Teams.  My Flow is as follows:

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 3.38.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 3.38.23 PM.png

End result - This isn't what I'm after.  I'd like one hyperlink, that goes along with each ADO ticket.  

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 3.35.02 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello.  I resolved the issue.  It didn't end up being a problem with the trigger - I had to change the "Post a Message in Chat" command to the code/html view, and added the value from Append to String directly into the Teams Message that way.  Works perfectly now.  Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.04.53 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tjgerlach91 ,

It seems this is the trigger's issue rather than the "Apply to each" issue. When users click to create tickets rapidly, multiple results would be passed to the flow as the Value which is type array and automatically create the "Apply to each" control. But on my side I could not fine the Value return from the trigger:

vjefferni_0-1634629141820.png

I have no access to the Azure DevOps so I could only provide you some advice. You could try:

1\ Remove the trigger and add it again;

2\ Move the actions inside the append to each control or create new actions outside the control, use field values instead.

If you still have array type Value return from the trigger, you could also try and filter the first/last of the Value to use in the following actions.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hello.  I resolved the issue.  It didn't end up being a problem with the trigger - I had to change the "Post a Message in Chat" command to the code/html view, and added the value from Append to String directly into the Teams Message that way.  Works perfectly now.  Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 5.04.53 PM.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,616)