cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmberFranklin
Level: Powered On

Approval email saying "This request not assigned to you" even when it is

I noticed a few weeks ago that the approval request email has changed.  With this changes approvers have been getting the following message:

Capture.PNG

The email seems to initially load correctly, with the Approve and Reject buttons, but then moves to this.  However, the user is obviously assigned the approval since they received the email and the user is seeing this message even if no one has approved; the approval is also never re-assigned.  Users have been forced to approve from within Power Automate, which completely defeats the purpose of an approval email.  This is affecting all 20+ of my Flows, which are all set up similarly.  We have two approvers assigned to each approval with the Approval set to First to Respond.  This message is being seen before anyone even approves.  This is a brand new issue -- these Flows have been running for 6-8 months without this issue so I believe this is an issue with the approval email or Outlook, not my Flows.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval email saying "This request not assigned to you" even when it is

Hi @AmberFranklin ,

Could you share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

I did a similar test on my side, set the Approval type to First to respond, and added two approvers, but did not reproduce similar issues.

228.PNG

If you created this Flow before June-August, then you may not use the latest approval action. Please consider using Approval action that is currently available to configure Flow and see if similar problems persist.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AmberFranklin

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Are you saying that I need to update all of my Flows because the Approval object is "outdated" (even though it technically works -- again the only problem is the email itself)?  If so, then that is a huge flaw in Power Automate's design, if every time Power Automate makes an updated object we need to update all of our Flows with the updated object.

As requested, below is the most basic version of our Flows.  Some have more parallel branches but all have the same basic structure.

Flow overview.PNG

Approval request expandedv2.png

AmberFranklin

@v-bacao-msft --

Update: I went through and replaced every Approval object in all of my Flows with the current one and the problem is still happening.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,669)