Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CraigWhite
Level: Powered On

Approval email shows task as Approved when it's not

Hi,

I've just configured the Approval step in a Flow and for testing initially, have asked Flow to send the email to my own account. The contents of the email is fine, as is the available Approve/Reject buttons at the bottom.

However, at the top of the email under the purple 'Approvals' logo, the word 'Approved' is bolded. I haven't actioned this approval as yet, so this would be confusing for users. Didn't this used to say 'Pending Approval' in the first instance?

Flow_Approvals.PNG

I have run this against both new & existing documents & get the same thing. 

This text does change when I've rejected an approval, but shouldn't say Approved until it's approved. I can't see a way in Flow to change this.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Super User
Super User

Re: Approval email shows task as Approved when it's not

Hi @CraigWhite,

It seems like I have same experience. Seems like it is already approved, even no action happened 🙂

P.

CraigWhite

Hi @vecerpa,

Thanks - it's at least good to know other users other than myself are experiencing the same issue.

jlaJoanne

Yes I had an approval set up perfectly last week and today MS must have made a change to the emails sent with approvals and not it looks horrible with "Approved" at the top when no action has been taken.  I just posted under approval for assistance and then found your post.

orig flow email.jpgFlow email now.jpg

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @CraigWhite,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side. I afraid that there is no way to change this text within Microsoft Flow currently.

I would post this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

In addition, you could consider take a try to add a "Send emails within options" action of Office 365 Outlook connector instead of the "Start an approval" action to send an approval email within your flow. I have made a test on my side and the flow's configuration as below:8.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:9.JPG

More details about the "Send email with options" action, please check the following article:

https://syscloudpro.com/2018/02/08/microsoft-flow-approval-email-send-with-options/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CraigWhite

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Thanks for your response, appreciated. I look forward to receiving notification as to when the issue is resolved, having now been escalated to the product team.

Thanks also for the alternative method, I'm not sure I can apply this to my existing Flow as would mean quite a lot of changes to pick up the new dynamic content as a result of the outputs. However I've kept the link for future reference.

Craig

jlaJoanne

Hello Kris,

This works however, can you let me know how to put new line breaks and spaces in the emails?  I format the email the way I want it and it squishes it all together - email flow.jpgemail.jpg

haleyradt24

Hi Kris, I don't think 'Send Email With Options' is a good alternative for me.

When using 'Send Email with Options' would I be able to allow the approver to enter comments within the email like I can with Approvals?

Also, will 'Approvers' still be able to go to Approvals within Microsoft Flow site and app to view history and open approvals?

businesschild

Happening here too, really eager for this to be fixed by the product team. Getting complaints from management.

businesschild

Weird thing is that the email shows fine when you click the 'view original email' button in the bottom of the email in Outlook. Not experienced when viewing the email in the Outlook for Android client.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,743)