Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Approval not sent to users

Hi,

I have an approval flow that sends an approval to all members of a group containing some members of our IT team.

The flow runs without errors but none of the users receive the approval.

Through trial and error, I've found that there are 2 users (both from the IT team) that are causing this symptom. When I remove these 2 users from the original group, all the other users receive the flow.

This flow is located in a new environment with the new CDS for Apps.

I have opened the users in the dynamics 365 user list and noticed that their Administration type is set to 'Administrative' whereas other users are set to 'Read-Write'. See the screenshot below where 'User 1' has 'Read-Write' and 'User 2' has 'Administrative':2018-11-29_1159.png

When I change the 2 problematic users to 'read-write' the approval flow works for all users.

I have 2 issues/questions here:

1) Why does their inclusion in the approvals list cause all to fail? - seems like a bug and should at least produce an error.

2) How were these users set to 'Administrative' and others are set to 'Read-Write'? - Both these users are Global Admins but so are others and they are set to 'Read-Write'.

Thanks,

Sam

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SamPo,

Whether the Access License of all members in the same group must be Read-Write could receive an approval request.

I have not found the relevant documentation. Whether the Administration type of the members in the group will affect the approval process.

As for your second question, I don't understand much. You can't set the member's access mode? or do you want to know why other members are set to 'Read-Write', but the two members are not.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi Barry,

I've run a number of tests and can definately confirm that if at least 1 user in the approval list has the administration type 'administrative' then the entire approval is not sent to any of the users in the list. Either this is expected behaviour in which case there should be an error/fail message when it happens or it shouldn't be happening at all. The fact that it looks like the approval is working correctly when in fact it is not, is extremely problematic especially as we are building critical processes based on these flows.

My second question is to understand why these two users were set to 'administrative' in the first place. We don't use dynamics as a standalone platform and I am the only user who edits roles (for the purpose of PowerApps and CDS). I am worried that if I set these users to 'read-write' then somehow they will be automatically set back to 'administrative' without me knowing and then all my approval processes will stop working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (11,864)