cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Approval request email intermittently sending

My approval process is intermittently sending the initial email. I am getting the push notifications on my phone, but they are not showing up in our email. 

They are all sitting out on the approval page, but we use the email to be notified of requests. 

Nothing changed on our end. 

My original post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Approval-request-email-not-sending/m-p/99135/highlig...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Approval request email intermittently sending

Hi @nickelous,

Do you want to make a response to Approval Request within your Outlook email?

Could not you receive the Approval email within your Outlook mailbox?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The approval email shows well within my Outlook mailbox.

Please check if you have unsubscribed the emails from Microsoft Flow within your Outlook. In addition, please check if your Outlook version meets the requirements for Actionable Messages. More details about Outlook version requirements for actionable messages, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/actionable-messages/#release-notes

Currently, Actionable Messages is available only on the Outlook web app and on the desktop version of Outlook 2016. More details about using Actionable messages within Outlook email, please check the following article:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/actionable-messages-approvals/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Do you want to make a response to Approval Request within your Outlook email?

--I already do when they arrive without any issue. 

Could not you receive the Approval email within your Outlook mailbox?

--Correct, I am intermittently receiving them. Yesterday 1 of 2 emails failed to show up. So far today 1 of 2 emails have failed to show up. 

Please check if you have unsubscribed the emails from Microsoft Flow within your Outlook. In addition, please check if your Outlook version meets the requirements for Actionable Messages. More details about Outlook version requirements for actionable messages, please check the following article:

--None of the five of us who this approval is assigned to have unsubscribed as we are all intermittently receiving them. 

Currently, Actionable Messages is available only on the Outlook web app and on the desktop version of Outlook 2016. More details about using Actionable messages within Outlook email, please check the following article:

--We are using 2016 desktop and are able to approve them via email when flow actually sends the email. 

The only thing I can think of that we changed at all was we swapped out the approval connector with a service account, but it was also intermittent when I tested using my account as the approval connector too. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So in the last few hours 3 approvals were requested and I received none of them, but my colleague received all three of them. 

This is a link to an image of the approval section from the flow:

https://imgur.com/a/EgwqR

Christina received these approval request, but I did not. I am unsure of the others at this time. 

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Experiencing the same problem here, push notifications are fine but the emails never show. Using Outlook for O365 and OWA.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,743)