cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval

I'm using Dynamics 365 for Financials workflow templates for quotes, sales, and purchases.  It all fails on a call to workflowActionResponse_Approve (a web service name to a new CU).  The parameter I'm sending is workflowStepInstanceId, which is "ec43c510-ed19-4836-9b92-b8d0d3badd64" .  I don't know what this value is and  the full message is

"status"400,
  "message""User DAVID.MAXWELL does not have the permission necessary to continue the item.\r\nclientRequestId: 68f51643-6c3b-41f5-935e-1100fd916d4e",
  "source""api.financials.dynamics.com",
  "errors":

I think it is trying to approve my quote by sending the parameter to the codeunit to execute the approval code.  Is this true and why is it failing for all of them?

Many thanks,

David

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval

Hi dmaxwe11,

Did you start your flow from this template “Request approval for Dynamics 365 sales quote”:
https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/c1f52285f27d4992b54e64725f4e5cfc/requ...

The error message means that you don’t have permission continue the action. Could you check the permission on your side?

In which step do you get the error?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mabel, 

Yes. My problem is the template you cited. 

My issue occurs on the Execute Action after responding 'yes' to the condition.  (It also fails on 'no').  The only modifications I have done to the template is to select Cronus company in Dynamics 365 Financials as my connection.   I have 'Super' permission set in Dynamics 365 Financials. 

And, FYI I have a Dynamics 365 Financials - Sandbox.  I'm a bit confused by why Microsoft Flow doesn't allow me to select which db to connect to. I enter my 365 user name and Microsoft Flow just chooses my regular Dynamics 365 Financials db.  (I can tell based on the drill down on the Execute Action table field, which gives me a list of web services.  Which, by the way, 'Table' in the Execute Action is confusing terminology, these are web services).

Many thanks,

David

SteveB
Level: Powered On

Hi David,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the exact same problem, at the same stage as you.

Thanks

Steve

Yinka_Bello

Am having similar issue, please someone else in this regard.

"Request approval for Dynamics 365 sales order" it fails on call to " workflowActionResponse_Approve"

D365User77
Level: Power Up

I am having this exact same porblem, can someone please let me know if they have this working?

SteveB

I found a solution to this issue. Despite it not being mentioned anywhere in the documentation, and using a standard Flow from Microsoft, there are other prerequisites to getting the right permissions:

1) User must be SUPER in Dynamics 365/NAV

2) Approval Users must be set up in Dynamics 365, even though Flow is being used for approvals

3) Workflow Users/User Groups must be set up in Dynamics 365, even though Flow is being used for approvals

Once I had the approval routes/workflow users set up in Dynamics 365, then I was able to get the Flow working correctly.

I think this needs adding to Microsoft's documentation as it's confusing and unclear as it stands currently. Hope that helps!

spence_ac
Level: Power Up

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I have set up the users as Super, made the approval users and assigned them to a workflow group but am still getting the error.

RenatoF

Hi,

if you did not find solution for this, we found case in which approval of Sales Quote in D365 BC pass. You need to setup your user as approval user, and as well another user.

For example, we configured in Approval user setup following:

Admin approver megan, setup e-mail for admin, approval administrator

Megan approver admin, setup e-mail for megan, not approval administrator

Also we configured one workflow user group with both users.

After that workflow finished in success.

Br,

Renato.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 228 members 5,559 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: