Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ThomFromUoC
Level: Powered On

Approvals stop working - 492 - Error code: 'XrminstanceProvisioningIncomplete'

Hi there

We are getting the error message below in mutilple Flows, though on Approval actions only. Impact is;

• Approval emails not being sent
  • Approval History for previous approvers no longer visible

Capture.PNG

We have tried the following;

• Checked to see if Approvals are still accepting required criteria (e.g. emails, dynamic content) which they are
  • Ran a test with a new Flow using the v2 Approval - error still persisted
  • Check to see if we are using any Common Data Services as a data source in our Flows - we are not, these only refer to SharePoint lists.

Environment: This is part of an online form provision we have deisgned using O365 SharePoint, PowerApps and Flow. 

This is seriously impacting on many business processes. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ThomFromUoC

Re: Approvals stop working - 492 - Error code: 'XrminstanceProvisioningIncomplete'

MS provided a solution. As your O365 Admin user, go to the PowerApps Admin Center page > Environments. There should be an option to 'Create new database'. If you are not on the PowerApps Plan 2, this will fail after you complete the inital steps but it then offers you the Trial (see the error message in th red dialogue box). Click this and your instance will have a new database created 'under the hood' that MS state will persist even once the trial has finished (NB: Your tenancy must have the AllowAdHocSubscriptions setting as True to allow this - this can be managed via PowerShell by your O365 Admin user).

Now go to any existing flows and add a new approval action under the current one. Configure this to match the old approval then when you're happy,  delete the old approval. I have test this on both existing and new flows and it works (NB: the first user to try this will get a 'Broken Connection' alert. Select 'Fix' then 'Fix connection' when prompted and you should have it back and running as before).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ThomFromUoC

Re: Approvals stop working - 492 - Error code: 'XrminstanceProvisioningIncomplete'

CAUSE: This has been caused by the Common Data Service (CDS) being migrated / deleted as part of Microsofts upgrade of the CDS.

We have never initiated an instance of the CDS, however Flow Approvals use this 'under the hood' to store Approval histories. This was not made clear in the documentation that was made available under the dialogue box that MS hosted in PowerApps prior the upgrade deadline (15 March 2019) and the only 2 useful references we have found was a blog posted 2 days before this deadline and a snippet in the upgrade steps (which you would not have read as the information provided before this did not implicitly say the Approvals would be effected. 

The latter link also states that even if we had done nothing, the flows would fail temporarily but then "..a new CDS for Apps database will be created automatically the next time any approval flow occurs...". This has defintely not been the experience in our case.

We have raised a ticket with MS. I got the impression we were not the only ones affected.

Hugo_Rdz

I have the same issue with my approval flow. 

Error Flow.jpg

ASU_T786
Level: Power Up

I have the exact same problem. Very frustrating!! I'll pass along anything I find.

ThomFromUoC

MS provided a solution. As your O365 Admin user, go to the PowerApps Admin Center page > Environments. There should be an option to 'Create new database'. If you are not on the PowerApps Plan 2, this will fail after you complete the inital steps but it then offers you the Trial (see the error message in th red dialogue box). Click this and your instance will have a new database created 'under the hood' that MS state will persist even once the trial has finished (NB: Your tenancy must have the AllowAdHocSubscriptions setting as True to allow this - this can be managed via PowerShell by your O365 Admin user).

Now go to any existing flows and add a new approval action under the current one. Configure this to match the old approval then when you're happy,  delete the old approval. I have test this on both existing and new flows and it works (NB: the first user to try this will get a 'Broken Connection' alert. Select 'Fix' then 'Fix connection' when prompted and you should have it back and running as before).

View solution in original post

Jaap4SharePoint

Thanks for detail  everyone, so i am not alone in this frustrating chapter. When I try to create a next database in the old instance CDS I get this message:
Either your plan doesn't support the environment type selected or you have reached the limit for that type of environment.

We never used CDS on purpose or were even aware this was having a dependency...with Flow

How did you proceed after contacting support ?

Jaap4SharePoint

Did you see evidence for impact on existing PowerApps ? (even as they did not use CDS) ?

Thanks

Jaap

wshimon

I have the exact same problem. Im jammed up with no way of getting my flows working again??

Jaap4SharePoint

Hello, did you also raise a support request?
ThomFromUoC

Hi all, the solution provided to us by Microsoft is above, but we only received this after raising a ticket with them. If those steps are not helping it might be a specifc issue related to CDS and your current licencing (for reference we have 'O365 for PowerApps').

I would raise a ticket with MS if you are still expriencing issues as this is obviously affecting a few users and they may have different advice for users on different PowerApps licencing levels.

Hope you all get a resolution. So far the fix is working for us.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 434 members 6,253 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: