cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlotte
Helper I
Helper I

Approver cannot access a List Item in SharePoint from approval email body.

Hi,

I have built an approval workflow for when an item is created in SharePoint list.  I created the "Start an Approval" action,  email that gets sent to the approver to include a link to the item in the SharePoint list. 

There is a field in the action labeled "Item Link", I have put the "Item Link" field as 'Link to Item'  is from 'dynamic content'. The 'Link to Item' is linked by  the SharePoint list. 

However, approver cannot link to the item. He can access to the sharepoin list, but cannot access the item.  The broweser does not show any error, it is shown only white background without any message or image.  

The approver has an access permission level as visitor group. Users of owner group can access the link. Is this problem caused by SharePoint or Flow?

Please let me know any solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @charlotte ,

I think this seems to be related to the item permission.

Please check if the visitor group is included in Direct Access. If it is not included, I am afraid that the specified approver cannot access this item.

Image reference:

25.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @charlotte ,

I think this seems to be related to the item permission.

Please check if the visitor group is included in Direct Access. If it is not included, I am afraid that the specified approver cannot access this item.

Image reference:

25.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I've checked his permission as below. Is that mean he dose not have direct permission?

permissionscheck.PNG

If so, I do not know how to give him direct access permission in SPO.

Please could you let me know how to give him the permission, not the visitor group.

Thank you for the solution, I gave him the direct access through the manage access which you replied at the previous.

However, I cannot give him everytime when the SPO list is added. How can give him the direct access all the SPO list at once?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,765)