cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Base64 expression vanishes

I'm using the Base64 expression to convert FileContent so that I can upload it to Dynamics CE (notes entity).

Firstly - why this requirement? The action is expecting FileContent so the need to convert to Base64 is a poorly documented hassle inconsistent with other actions..

Secondly - after I save the Flow and return to edit it, the Base64 expression is no longer shown, just FileContent. So if I edit the Flow and modify something relating to the FileContent the Flow starts failing because I have to put the Base64 expression in again.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Base64 expression vanishes

Hi @PaulD1 ,

Sometimes, when the configured expression is opened again, it will be displayed as Dynamic content.

Please try to get the original expression using peek code.

Image reference:

4.PNG5.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Below you can see that there is no expression showing in the Compose action, but if you Peek Code as suggested, the expression is there.

So the 'normal' view is not reflecting what is really in the action.

It looks like the input of the Compose is just the 'File content' but in reality you have to add the Base64 expression to make this compatible with Dynamics.

This is very frustrating, especially if you are creating a new Flow while looking at an existing Flow for reference, or have saved images as part of a guide for others to follow. 

I haven't seen other expressinos behave this way, hence reporting as a bug.

image.pngimage.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PaulD1 ,

There are a lot of similar situations, and Expression will display Dynamic content for the second time.

For example, the following d.id is actually body('Get_the_user_Principal_Id')['d']['id']. Peek code seems to be able to solve this problem, just copy the initial expression.

12.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 305 members 5,872 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: