cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Box template doesn't work with over 50.75MB file creation

I need someone to investigate this issue.

I'm using Box template to copy files to Google Drive and send messages with slack when

it is created.

https://japan.flow.microsoft.com/ja-jp/galleries/public/templates/402a34f985b8408b9c0c2fb0bfb35809/b...

Today, I've got a question from one of our users that it seems not to work. And tested with

some small files are fine, however, large files (e.g. 100MB) creation does not work well.

I've tried to check it with produce some files as "$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/tempfile50 bs=1M count=50"

and found

- With 50MB file, box template works

- With 50.5MB file, works

- With 50.75MB file, it does NOT work 😞

So, I think it's a bug with Box template since I don't find any limitation with the file size.

Could someone try to check it, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Box template doesn't work with over 50.75MB file creation

Hi @hyamane ,

Please check this online doc and get more details about general-limits about Box connector:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/box/#general-limits

Although the thread mentioned "The limit has been increased to 100 MB maximum for a single message / file", this also depends on the relevant limit of the related connector.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hyamane ,

Although I don't know why your 50.5M file can pass the test, Power Automate has always had a file size limitation.

If the file size exceeds 50M, the execution of Flow will cause unexpected errors.

Please check this similar thread and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/How-large-file-size-do-File-System-servic...

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Thanks for your reply! But I have two questions

1. "Across all Flow connectors and services, the file size limits for uploading & downloading content is 50 MB, and the timeout for uploading & downloading is 90 [s]" - if we create a file on Box and kick slack message, this limitation still exists?

2. In that thread, the limitation is updated to 100MB, right?

Highlighted

Oops duplicated posts, sorry for the noise,

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hyamane ,

Please check this online doc and get more details about general-limits about Box connector:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/box/#general-limits

Although the thread mentioned "The limit has been increased to 100 MB maximum for a single message / file", this also depends on the relevant limit of the related connector.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,311)