cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhunsaker7

Bug in Approval Flow

I have a parallel flow set up to update items in sharepoint as responses are collected. The second person to approve continues to override the items in the sharepoint list from the first approver... but it didn't do this until early this week. Before the flow worked perfectly and no changes were made. I believe there is a bug.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @mhunsaker7 ,

I’ve made another test and the issue still could not be confirmed by me.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Could you please try with another flow to see if the issue still exists?

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mhunsaker7 ,

Could you share a screen shot on how is your flow set up?

I will help reproduce this issue if I could get more details on your flow.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2019-04-15 08_31_42-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.jpg

Here is a screen shot of my flow. The update item or update item 3 are overriding two of the fields from whichever approver submitted first. The fields that are being over ridding are always the same either "DFS approver" and "DFS comments" or "pricing approver" and "pricing comments" depending on which approval happened first. @v-yamao-msft 

Hi @mhunsaker7 ,

Thanks for providing the screenshot.

What’s your current situation? Does the issue still exist on your side?

I have made a test likes below, the issue you’ve mentioned doesn’t occur. The responses from first approver and second approver will be saved to corresponding column in the list.

1.PNG

Please take another try with it.

Best regards,

Mabel

@v-yamao-msft 

I actually created a new flow set up the same way.. and the issue still exists.. Here is a new screen shot. The approver name that was saved from the first approval is overwritten and appears blank on my list after the second approver submits. I've pasted an image of the new flow below as well as a photo of the script from the flow that ran. As you can see from the script somehow pricing approver is being replaced with "" leaving it blank in the list. 

Script Of Second Approver.jpg

New Flow Image.jpg

Hi @mhunsaker7 ,

I’ve made another test and the issue still could not be confirmed by me.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Could you please try with another flow to see if the issue still exists?

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (63,731)