cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Bug with date on creating task?

Well into the 9th month that the issue was first reported... Is there a FIX yet?
Highlighted

Almost a year and a half later and still no idea on how to format the date started string. Would be nice is someone could post the string format needed to populate the start date of a task.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi I manged to hadle the dates in a different scenario using this function.

Farliy new, just found it by random trying to solve something similar.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-dates-and-times/

Highlighted

After contacting Microsoft I discovered that the template I started with, "Create a task in Outlook Tasks and Wunderlist for flagged Office 365 emails", had the time zone set to NULL. I found this when I exported the flow and checked the values in the zip file. When I created a new flow from a blank template and used the same settings as in the original template the new flow worked with out any problem.

The code provided by Microsoft to test the flow was convertFromUtc(utcNow(),'Central Standard Time','yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss')

Highlighted

Thank you. The solution is create a brand new flow instead of use Microsoft pre-defined template.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

As far as I can tell, this is still broken. I've just spent an hour trying various methods mentioned here to get the "Reminder Date-Time" format to be correct, and none of them worked. 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Update: Didn't realize what was meant by the comment just before mine. The template provided within Flow is broken.

To get dates (like "Reminder Date-Time") to work, do not use the Template. Instead, create a blank Flow first, then add the "Manually trigger a flow" action and the "Create a task" action.

Then you can add a datetime to the Reminder Date-Time field and it will just work...sort of... no special formatting required.

For example, I used a "Get future time" to set a reminder for 36 hours in the future.

There is still an issue that the "Dynamic content" dialog doesn't offer the Output from "Get future time" to add to the "Create a task" flow. You can add it manually by clicking "See more" in the Dynamic content tab, then clicking the "Future time" (in my case) item.

So... the Template is definitely broken in terms of time zones, and the Create a task Action is also broken in terms of recognizing correctly formatted data from other Actions. Yikes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,153)