cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

CDS Filtering Attributes not working with more than one value

I am having an issue when using Filtering Attributes on the trigger "Common Data Service (Current Environment) When a record is created, updated or deleted" with a trigger condition "Create or Update". The tool tip for the filtering attributes field says

image.png

When adding multiple filtering attributes to this trigger condition it only triggers on change of the first value. If I have 2 fields, fieldA and fieldB, I would set Filtering Attributes to "fieldA, fieldB".

Within Dynamics 365 I edit FieldA only. The trigger is fired.

Within Dynamics 365 I edit FieldB only. The trigger is not fired.

If I then change the Filtering Attributes in my trigger to "fieldB, fieldA".

Within Dynamics 365 I edit FieldA only. The trigger is not fired.

Within Dynamics 365 I edit FieldB only. The trigger is fired.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

12 REPLIES 12
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LeeHarris ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the flow so we would reproduce the issue?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-alzhan-msft 

Please see below. It is the "filtering attributes" part of the trigger that does not appear to be working as expected, only triggering when the first field is changed in the system. I am able to swap the fields round in the trigger and cause the update on the other field only. It is definitely only firing for the first value in the comma seperated list.

chrome_2019-08-19_10-19-31.png

Any help is appreciated. Running the trigger on change of any field is not a viable solution in this instance as the number of updates that occur daily on this entity will generate a massive amount of unecessary noise within Flow.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had this issue and resolved it by removing the space after the comma (before the next attribute).

Hi @Anonymous 

Just tested this myself and the trigger now appears to be working. I am fairly certain I had tried removing spaces a few weeks ago with no luck but just glad to have this running properly now. Thanks for the prompt to check.

As a side note, would it make sense for this filter to ignore spaces seeing as they can't be included in field names anyway?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi,

Is it possible to connect 2 attributes with and "and", and only fire when both fields are updated?

Thanks,

Csaba

I also just had a filtering attribute not triggering issue but this time with a single field. Turns out even if you trigger with one field, you still need a comma after the schemaname. Go figure!

Helper III
Helper III

hi All,

It seems to be happening for my flow as well.

2fields.JPG.

I would like to trigger the flow only if these two fields are changed - com_applicationapprovaldate,com_applicationquotedate.

As reported, the filter seems to be working ONLY for the first filter.

What needs to be corrected in this case?

Thanks

Try putting a comma after your com_applicationquotedate

Comma is already added in that query and without spaces as suggested earlier in the thread - com_applicationapprovaldate,com_applicationquotedate

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,028)