cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

CDS & CDS (current environment) Triggers not working anymore ?!?!

Is it possible that the above mentioned CDS Triggers are not working properly anymore? I am experiencing very random behavior in multiple systems and environments. Especially setting Concurrency Control to 1 seems to completely kill the Trigger! The Flow won´t fire no matter what. Currently, I can confirm this issue with the Update event. Create event seems to work properly from what I can tell for now.

To provide a litte bit more background pertaining my Debugging approach: 

- crm4 --> EMEA Region

- Flow is triggered by a User updating a Field on the Lead entity.

- Have noticed that something is wrong with the Update Triggers

- Tried manual trigger with a CDS Action --> worked

- Tried CDS Create Trigger --> worked

- Tried in the Test System --> here the Update Trigger worked (in Dev Update would just not work no matter what). This already seems pretty strange to me.

- Tried to set the Concurrency of the Update Trigger to 1 --> Flow won't fire anymore

- Tried to set the Concurrency to 1 in another customer's tenant --> Flow won't fire anymore

Does anybody else experience weird behavior with the CDS Triggers?

Thanks in advance for any type of answer.

Florian Zimmer

ORBIS AG

Saarbrücken - Germany

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: CDS & CDS (current environment) Triggers not working anymore ?!?!

Hello again,

so I´ve done a bit of testing and can surely confirm that there is something utterly wrong with the CDS Triggers. Without Concurrency Control the Flows sometimes run, but often enough they even don´t! Setting Concurrency Control definately kills the Trigger in 100% of cases, so there seems to be an issue with that. I´ve tested in 3 different tenants. 

I´ve also noticed issues with the Update Trigger of some already existing Flows. Others however, are running fine. So the problem seems to be quite random.

The Bug has been also confirmed by a colleague of mine who is a very experienced Senior Consultant.

So, whoever might be intersted, do you mind doing a quick test on your side?

• Create 2 new Flows with the CDS Update Trigger (standard & current environment) with a simple Compose action step. Leave Concurrency Control off
    • If they run, please turn on Concurrency Control.

• Create 2 new Flows with the CDS Update Trigger (standard & current environment) with a simple Compose action step. Set Concurrency Control to 1 during creation.

A test on your side would be highly appreciated as it might shed some light on the issue.

Thnak you very much!

Best,

Florian

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (7,074)