cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

CDS (current environment) List records - contains filter and square bracket issue

Hi,

I've just encountered a problem when using CDS (Current Environment) List records action.

I tried to filter all flows (Process/workflow entity) whose name contains a string within square brackets (tagging convention: [TaggedFlow]). When I use that action and specify the filter query like "contains(name,'[OnBoarding]')" I got a full, not filtered list of items. When I change it by removing the opening square bracket it works fine.

The startswith behaves the same.

incorrect resultsincorrect results

flow showing issueflow showing issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: CDS (current environment) List records - contains filter and square bracket issue

Hi @bdomzalski ,

I am afraid that we may not be able to obtain the data you need through the Process entity.

I used List records action and List Flow as Admin action to test separately and used Filter array to filter the flow with [Test] in the name, the latter performed as expected, and the result of the former was 0. Filter array does not ignore any Symbol, but it still cannot get the desired record from the processes entity.

Although I am not quite sure whether we can rely on the processes entity to filter Flow, I recommend that you use List Flow as Admin action to filter Flow.

Image reference:

Spoiler
157.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: CDS (current environment) List records - contains filter and square bracket issue

Hi @bdomzalski ,

I am afraid that we may not be able to obtain the data you need through the Process entity.

I used List records action and List Flow as Admin action to test separately and used Filter array to filter the flow with [Test] in the name, the latter performed as expected, and the result of the former was 0. Filter array does not ignore any Symbol, but it still cannot get the desired record from the processes entity.

Although I am not quite sure whether we can rely on the processes entity to filter Flow, I recommend that you use List Flow as Admin action to filter Flow.

Image reference:

Spoiler
157.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for pointing the List Flow as Admin action. I was so focused on flow-runs that it slipped my mind. I tried to use CDS to have the data filtered remotely but I guess there won't be so many flows that filtering on client-side will make it too slow.

My further foundings are that at Data -> Entities -> Process -> Views -> All Processes when filtering is adjusted to the presented case it behaves the same incorrect way. So that's definitely something deeper than the connector.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,265)