cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

CDS - "When a record is updated" trigger values are not accurate

Hi,

I am using the Common Data Service (Current Environment) trigger for "When a record is created, updated or deleted". I have set up the trigger so that it only fires when a single field is updated. If I change the field in Dynamics 365 then my trigger fires and I see the current value of the field being passed in to the Flow process via the trigger's outputs. If I clear the field in Dynamics 365 then the trigger fires and the triggering field is not included in the trigger's outputs, as expected because it is blank.

However, if I clear the field in Dynamics, save the record, and then immediately populate it with a new value I am seeing an issue. The Flow is triggered twice (as expected) for the initial clearing of the field, and then the populating of it again. In both Flow runs however, the triggering field has the latest value. The Flow run that was triggered by the field being cleared has the new value in the trigger's outputs.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: CDS - "When a record is updated" trigger values are not accurate

Hi @LeeHarris ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the run history your flow for the both run?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Super User
Super User

Re: CDS - "When a record is updated" trigger values are not accurate

Hi @v-alzhan-msft 

When I clear the field in Dynamics this triggers the Flow to run (on Update with the field I'm clearing in the filtering attributes list). My flow reaches the condition where I check if the field I have changed is blank as I do not wish to continue when there is no value. As you can see in the image below, the Flow then correctly stops execution as the field is blank.

chrome_2019-08-14_09-14-56.pngClearing field and waiting for Flow to complete

The problem arises when I clear the field, save the record (triggering the Flow), and then set a new value in the field and save the record again. I then end up with two Flows being triggered (this is correct) but they both have the new value in the trigger's outputs. The image below shows the Flow that was triggered when I cleared the field. As you can see it contains a value in the field that was cleared.

chrome_2019-08-14_09-11-23.pngClearing field and immediately populating it again

Is it possible that on trigger of the Flow, it is fetching the record from CDS rather than being sent an image of the record at the time when the save occured? This could explain why the updated value is showing up in the Flow triggered by the clearing of the field.

Thanks for you help, let me know if you need any further information.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,905)