cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
skyeg
Level: Powered On

CDS trigger for Microsoft forms Pro Survey Response not triggering

I created a flow with a CDS (current) + Microsoft Forms Pro Response + Create record for the trigger action. It was working a few days ago, and appears to have stopped firing when a survey response is submitted. I've tried to create a new flow using the same trigger action, which has also not triggered. No error, just doesn't do anything. I can trigger a forms invitation creation from within a flow, but using the create/update and a forms pro trigger (response and I think invite) doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas/tips ?
7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: CDS trigger for Microsoft forms Pro Survey Response not triggering

Hi @skyeg ,

Could you share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
skyeg

Hi @v-bacao-msft - It's literally just not triggering when I submit a response to a survey in the environment.

Trigger is 'Common Data Service (Current) - When a record is created, updated or deleted

Trigger Condition is set to 'create'

Entity Name is 'forms pro survey responses'

Scope is 'organisation'

The initial trigger for the creation of the survey invitation is using a custom entity, and that's still working, as is me creating invitations via a stage change of the associated business process flow. 

It was working approximately a week ago, and now it's not registering at all for the survey response.

(and apologies for the lack of image, I've not uploaded an image here before and typing it out seems quicker than figuring it out at this exact moment)

Kerry
Level: Power Up

@skyegI'm having the same issue as you. Did you find a solution to this ? 

skyeg

hi @Kerry  - I've changed the trigger so that it uses a Dynamics trigger and it now works - A drawback is that we'll have to update it between environments.

As an aside 

- I've no clue why the CDS won't register it (I tried both versions of the CDS trigger to test it) - this did work several weeks ago.

- I can get and work with the records if something else triggers it, but using Forms Pro Records + the CDS doesn't work.

rafaurbano

I can confirm we are experiencing the same issue. Both CDS connectors do not trigger when a Forms Pro Survey Response is created. When switching to the "old" Dynamics Connector the flow does trigger. Seems to be related to the CDS connectors. We logged a ticket with Microsoft Support and the support team is currently investigating the issue. We hope it is escalated to the product team shortly. 

Kerry
Level: Power Up

Thank you so much, that worked for me! Very strange, hopefully Microsoft fix this issue soon. 

I've a few other queries, maybe you could advise me on: 

• When receiving a response from a survey it is meant to put the number into the connected field in Dynamics 365. 
    • This happens on occasion, its quite strange. One will post to the field and display correctly, then next time it won't. Its confusing as when I look into the Flow the information is there, it is in the field. It simply sometimes just doesn't display on the form. Do you know why this is happening? 
  • Same kind of issue as above, happens on occasion. When the number successfully goes into the form, most times it will display the correct number but on occasion it will change it to a random number. 
    • Looked into dependencies and there isn't any, checked the audit history and again it simply just changes the number for some reason. 

These have been confusing me and was wondering if anyone knows what I could do to solve this issue? 

Thank you 

skyeg

are you perhaps able to show some images or examples of what's happening?  ie what you expect, what it posts when it's correct and what it posts when it's not?

MS has emailed to say that they've resolved the issue with the CDS trigger and asked me to test (I haven't had a chance yet). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,195)